whats up with ed reed?..... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

whats up with ed reed?.....

Moderator: Football Moderators

whats up with ed reed?.....

Postby smokerfolife » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:58 pm

i played him last week in my idp fantasy league and he recieved 0 pts last week....was he hurt?... i seen him on 1 highlght but seems weird he wouldnt even recieve a tackle against poor old oakland...any news would be greatly appreciated..thanks
smokerfolife
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: whats up with ed reed?.....

Postby somasoul » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:47 pm

smokerfolife wrote:i played him last week in my idp fantasy league and he recieved 0 pts last week....was he hurt?... i seen him on 1 highlght but seems weird he wouldnt even recieve a tackle against poor old oakland...any news would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Well, Oakland Stank. Joey Porter couldn't get past the D-Line. Andrew Walter only completed 10 passes..........of 26! Ed just didn't have any opportunity because Oakland just sucked. Ed coulda probably just stayed off the field and smoked a pack of ciggerettes and drank himself silly.
somasoul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:20 pm

somasoul wrote:
Well, Oakland Stank. Joey Porter couldn't get past the D-Line. Andrew Walter only completed 10 passes..........of 26! Ed just didn't have any opportunity because Oakland just sucked. Ed coulda probably just stayed off the field and smoked a pack of ciggerettes and drank himself silly.

what does joey porter have to do with anything? :-?

im guessing you meant lamont jordan
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:41 pm

somasoul wrote:Well, Oakland Stank. Joey Porter couldn't get past the D-Line. Andrew Walter only completed 10 passes..........of 26! Ed just didn't have any opportunity because Oakland just sucked. Ed coulda probably just stayed off the field and smoked a pack of ciggerettes and drank himself silly.

hehhehe.. Jerry couldnt get past the bench! I sit on the visitors side right behind the bench.. lots of fans giving ole Jerry Porter a good ole dose of trash-talk....

but I digress.. Ed Reed is still a great IDP option.. BUT.. .you need to also recall that Landry led the team in tackles meaning that nothing was getting past him to Reed.. in addition, the BALTIMORE D is pretty loaded.. they changed back to a 4-3 and if I am right in my thinking, I would have guessed that Art Shell begged Brooks and Walters to forget throwing anywhere near the field that Ed Reed defended!
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby somasoul » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:52 pm

deluxe_247 wrote:
somasoul wrote:

what does joey porter have to do with anything? :-?

im guessing you meant lamont jordan

I did. I don't know how I got those two mixed up. I think in the haste of typing so quickly Joey Porter was spelled out for whatever reason.
somasoul
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Baltimore Ravens