Braylon Edwards - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Braylon Edwards

Moderator: Football Moderators

Braylon Edwards

Postby BlakeBroussard » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:00 am

What does everyone think of Braylon Edwards? I'm trying to trade I. Bruce for him currently. Personally, I think he's gonna have a pretty good year this year. I think he could be a solid 800-900 yard receiver with 5-7 TDs. Not to mention he's only getting better and is one of the only weapons on a mediocre Brown's offense.

What do you guys think? Is Braylon Edwards a good pick up this season?
Go Pack Go!
BlakeBroussard
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:21 am

I like him as a reserve WR with the potential for some big games, but you gotta come up with more than Bruce if you're going to entice someone to give him up.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby King Dubya » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:08 am

I think him for Bruce is pretty fair. Braylon was already dropped in my money league. I picked him up and dumped on Curtis.

Edwards just missed scoring a 70 yard TD last game, and had a 75 yarder called back in week 1. A good 'buy low' candidate IMO. I wouldn't want to start him this week, but he looks like he's healed and still has that big play ability.

I think your projections are a little low. I think he'll bust 1,000 yards easy (if he stays healthy) and scores 8-10 TD's.
King Dubya
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby skinsfan » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:39 am

Edwards will be inconsistent, but should finish with respectable stats.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:41 am

i wouldnt start him this week :-)

naw...but i like edwards a lot. he has a lot of talent and not a lot of competion outside of the souldja for catches. he is a possible 1000 yard candidate...if frye starts clicking.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:55 am

Being a Michigan fan and unfortunately living close enough to Cleveland that I get the games, I've had a lot of opportunity to watch Braylon over the years. The last couple games he has dropped quite a few very catchable passes which is very unlike his normal self and his stats on paper don't reflect that.

He is getting an awful lot of looks in cleveland and he's certainly one of my sleeper picks to have a breakout year.

My 2 cents.
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:14 pm

Braylon is ready to break out in a big way IMO. He is the #1 WR in Cleveland for at least another month or so, and he has been making some big plays. The guy is going to put up some numbers.

Hell, if he punched in that 70+ yard TD pass instead of getting tackled at the 1 last week, you would have been talking about him instead of Berrian this week. Then again he is probably owned in the majority of leagues anyways..

I dropped Rod Smith to pick him up in one league. Not sure if that was a dumb move or not, but I have no regrets.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kellys Heroes » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:45 pm

Lots of Upside in edwards...
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mikey » Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:07 pm

skinsfan wrote:Edwards will be inconsistent, but should finish with respectable stats.

Agree. He was also dropped in one of my leagues by someone I suspect did not follow closely his play the last two weeks but looked simply at the numbers.

He'll likely be hit or miss, but maybe you get lucjy and catch him on a good week.
10 Team Yahoo Non-Keeper League
QB: *McNabb, Delhomme
RB: *L. Johnson, * F. Gore, K. Jones, J. Addai, R. Bush, B. Jacobs
WR: *M. Harrison, *A. Boldin, B. Edwards, T. Williamson, D. Gabriel, M. Furrey
TE: * K. Winslow
K: *A. Vinateri
D: *Pittsburgh
mikey
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BostonBlades » Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:24 am

Kensat30 wrote: I dropped Rod Smith to pick him up in one league. Not sure if that was a dumb move or not, but I have no regrets.

I have Rod and don't like him at all. He's just got too much going against him... he's getting old, the Broncos have Javon, Jake Plummer sucks... so I've been looking for an excuse to drop him

I think Braylon has persuaded me. I think I'm actually going to go make that move right now.
UPS to bigh0rt for the sig!
BostonBlades
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk