Onterio Smith UPDATE!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Onterio Smith UPDATE!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Onterio Smith UPDATE!!!

Postby MN Rube » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:44 pm

Hey guys!
I have an Onterio Smith Update for everyone.

Most Vikings fans know that Coach Mike Tice has a weekly radio show on The Vikings Radio Network (http://www.kfan.com) at 6pm on Wednesdays. Last night (10/1) Tice praised O.Smith and made the following statement..."We expect Onterio to gain over 100 yards this week against Atlanta!" ...Paul Allen (the radio voice of the MN Vikings, and popular MN radio talk show host) was as surprised by that comment as I'm sure most of the listeners were. During this 1 hour show, Paul Allen questioned Coach Tice about 3 more times about that statement. Each time Coach Tice was questioned, he stood by his comment and even repeated himself... "I predict that Onterio will get his first 100 yard game this weekend in Atlanta".

Tice also talked about how beat-up Moe Williams was getting because of all the big hits he takes.

I still think that M.Bennett will get the starting job back if/when he gets healthy, but until then, I thinkt hat O.Smith will begin to get a lot more involved in the offense. But Moe Williams will most likely continue to get the goaline carries if he stays healthy.

If Onterio Smith is available in your league, and if you have room on your roster, I would suggest picking him up. He may become good trade bate. i don't think he'll be super consistant, but he should have a couple good games.

Coach Tice's show can be heard on the internet at http://www.kfan.com every Wednesday from 6-7pm Central time.
MN Rube

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:57 pm

Thanks. That settles it. Duckett will start for me this week over Moe Williams as an Edge replacement.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Paladyr » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:57 pm

Someone posted this a while ago. Good news for us Onterrio owners.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Leprechaun » Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:58 pm

Having Lamar Gordon, Michael Pittman, Marshall Faulk, and Eddie George on my bench as runningbacks,

Is George Expendable?

This is pretty sweet news.
Leprechaun
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

keep George...

Postby MN Rube » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:02 pm

I would drop E.George for O.Smith.
Eddie will be more consistant this year, and you KNOW he's the starter each week when healthy.
MN Rube

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:54 pm

Wouldn't you know it, I play against a guy who has Smith. Not only that he has Moss, Culpepper, Klieinsietrhaklgfer, and darn near every other Viking there is. Why couldn't the schedule Gods let me play him next week?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby SinCity » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:56 pm

There we go. ;-D
SinCity
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:04 pm

9er Fan wrote:Thanks. That settles it. Duckett will start for me this week over Moe Williams as an Edge replacement.

Would you start Duckett over Hambrick this week?
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:23 pm

That settles it, if Henry is questionable, then Onterrio is in... That means I'll be playing both Moe and Onterrio, but against a weak ATL run defense I'll take it... If Moe starts and Onterrio plays out the game after it's a blow-out, I could still rack up decent numbers, huh?

Now I'm rooting for Minnesota to put up 250 rushing yards and 3 rushing TD's... Wouldn't that be sweet.... And I'm gonna be at the game, so this should be really exciting....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ZILLA » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:24 pm

i sure hope you right...
ZILLA

Next

Return to Football Talk