updates on edge? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

updates on edge?

Moderator: Football Moderators

updates on edge?

Postby beerman » Thu Oct 02, 2003 3:18 pm

hey has been any updates on whether james has gotten any healthier during the week?
beerman
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:20 pm

From what I have heard, he will play. I last week would have been the play-offs he would have been able to play.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:19 am

Cut/Paste from Rotoworld:

Edgerrin James returned to practice Thursday and is expected to play in Monday's game against Tampa Bay.
James is listed as questionable with the sore back that kept him out last week. ''It looks like he's going to able to play if he doesn't have any setbacks,'' coach Tony Dungy said. ''He moved around and did fine. Now we'll see how it is (Friday) after having some activity.'' Kepp James active for now.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Mudd » Sat Oct 04, 2003 11:45 am

from cbssportsline:

LATEST NEWS

James (back) was able to practice a second day in a row Friday. He was upgraded from questionable to probable for Monday's game at Tampa Bay. "He's doing fine and I'd say the chances are pretty good that he's going to play," said Colts head coach Tony Dungy.
(Updated 10/03/2003).

FANTASY ANALYSIS

James is too valuable to reserve in any league when he is healthy.
Mudd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:07 pm

He is playing, but he is playing vs the Bucs. I wouldn't start him unless you have to.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby beezer » Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:28 am

I just read on CBS that James is now a gametime decision for Monday night!! I have James also and might sit him, unless I hear he is definitely in. Even if he does play, he could bother his back and not finish the game. Plus, he is playing the best D in football. Don't the NFL injury reports just tick you off. Can they get anymore vague??!!
14 team PPR

QB - Pryor
RB - L. Bell, Wilson, J. Bell, D. Brown
WR - AJ Green, D. Jackson, Amendola, M. Brown, DHB, Beasley, L. Moore
TE - H. Miller
K - Forbath
D - Chiefs, Bears
beezer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 119)

Postby sleeper » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:48 am

I've also heard that he'd be a gametime decision. I lost last week becuase I played him and am starting my fourth string back, Correll Buckhalter, over my first round pick.
sleeper
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Hockey

Postby rukkus » Sun Oct 05, 2003 10:50 am

Oct 5 Updating previous reports, Mike Chappell, of the Indianapolis Star, reports Indianapolis Colts RB Edgerrin James (back) sat out practice Saturday, Oct. 4, with a sore back and will be a game-time decision for the Week 5 match-up versus the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Monday, Oct. 6. "I felt good and I was able to make the moves," James said of his work the previous two days. "It's just a little sore." Head coach Tony Dungy said the team would only allow James to play if he is 100 percent healthy.

so he sat out yesterday's practice and he's going against TB. personally, i'm benching him.
rukkus
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: updates on edge?

Postby kid a » Sun Oct 05, 2003 11:00 am

beerman wrote:hey has been any updates on whether james has gotten any healthier during the week?

He didn't practice Saturday for a Monday game, which is like Friday for a Sunday game. 9 times out of 10, if a RB doesn't go Friday, he doesn't play Sunday. So, even though they're saying gametime decision, I wouldn't count on him.

If you have to start him, do it, he was obviously your first or second round pick. But if you have any real depth at RB, I'd let James sit the bench this week. Too risky.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk