Antonio Bryant - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Antonio Bryant

Moderator: Football Moderators

Antonio Bryant

Postby Favre.com » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:53 pm

Is this guy a "must start" like many experts say? Will he keep it up? I have lately decided that I want to keep Bryant as my #3 reciever. Contrary to laughing from my other league mates, I see him as a decent #3. Agree?
Zito is God in the Baseball Cafe
Favre.com
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:56 pm

All depends on what your other options are. Personally, I don't see how you can't start him, unless you're absolutely loaded at wideout. Two big games in a row, and he has a good track record given his productivity in Cleveland last season, I'd say start him 'til he slows down considerably. Besides, he's playing against a banged up secondary this week with both Hood and Sheppard both likely out this week. I'd keep him in your starting lineup.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:57 pm

I would have to agree. Alex Smith looks to have gotten a bit better over the offseason and in the first 2 games has thrown the deep ball well to Bryant. At this point hes one of the top recievers stats wise.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:02 pm

smith, gore, and bryant are must starts....what else do you need from bryant to solidify that....he has always had the talent, and smith will put up the yards, mostly to bryant until davis starts to get into a groove
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:11 pm

LS2throwed wrote:smith, gore, and bryant are must starts....what else do you need from bryant to solidify that....he has always had the talent, and smith will put up the yards, mostly to bryant until davis starts to get into a groove

Gore and Bryant, perhaps, but Smith is out of the question. The guy had two nice games thus far, but how can you advise someone to start Smith above all others when he's just in his second year and hasn't really done anything fantasywise that would garner him "must start" status. When he starts tossing 250 yards and 2-3 scores on a weekly basis, then he's a must start. Right now, he's a nice backup with upside.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:16 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:smith, gore, and bryant are must starts....what else do you need from bryant to solidify that....he has always had the talent, and smith will put up the yards, mostly to bryant until davis starts to get into a groove

Gore and Bryant, perhaps, but Smith is out of the question. The guy had two nice games thus far, but how can you advise someone to start Smith above all others when he's just in his second year and hasn't really done anything fantasywise that would garner him "must start" status. When he starts tossing 250 yards and 2-3 scores on a weekly basis, then he's a must start. Right now, he's a nice backup with upside.

Gotta Agree with Triple-D Here. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:22 pm

depends on what type of league you guys are playing, obviously if you have manning, palmer, brady, or any top tier qb then of course you start them...

but i wouldnt hesitate to start smith at all this year, my other qb is warner, and regarding matchups id play smith over warner this year....

keep him on the bench if you want to, but id start smith and take his solid 240 and 1 or 2 td's over favre's 300 yds and 3 picks....

sorry but if you think players like favre is a must start, id take smith any day whether its been 2 weeks or not
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:26 pm

LS2throwed wrote:depends on what type of league you guys are playing, obviously if you have manning, palmer, brady, or any top tier qb then of course you start them...

but i wouldnt hesitate to start smith at all this year, my other qb is warner, and regarding matchups id play smith over warner this year....

You're all by yourself in that sentiment. Warner has 4 TD's and 1 INT to Smith's 2 TD's. Plus, Warner has a ton of top-tier weapons around him in Edgerrin James, Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. Not to mention, Warner, when healthy, airs it out as well as anyone in the league.

LS2throwed wrote:keep him on the bench if you want to, but id start smith and take his solid 240 and 1 or 2 td's over favre's 300 yds and 3 picks....

sorry but if you think players like favre is a must start, id take smith any day whether its been 2 weeks or not

Personally, I don't think anyone outside of John Madden thinks Brett Favre is a must start fantasy option anymore. Brett hasn't been a must start in years.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Kilroy » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:38 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Personally, I don't think anyone outside of John Madden thinks Brett Favre is a must start fantasy option anymore. Brett hasn't been a must start in years.

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK THAT WAY ABOUT BRETT FAVRE!"

"BRETT FAVRE IS THE GREATEST THING SINCE BRETT FAVRE!"

"BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE BRETT FAVRE!"

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby FatFoot » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:11 pm

Marklar. Marklar marklar.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk