Alright ladies and gents, tutorial time! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Alright ladies and gents, tutorial time!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby Child_of_God_08 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:05 pm

thatonepoorkid wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:this should be under cafe limits, it's like 12.12 or something, shoulder's pretty messed up but you can still wear it if you want.

I think it needs to be 12 KB or less dont it?

Yeah...not sure why he though 12.12 would work when the limit is 12.

Technically it's 12.24 or something like that, but when he saved and hosted it the size jumped to 12.6.

So what is the maximum file size you can save so that it wont jump over the limits when in the cafe. I dont think it will make much difference in quality but its a handy fact to know.

12.288 KB (Check out my last post). ;-)
FFC Battle Record: 0-1
Child_of_God_08
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thatonepoorkid » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:08 pm

Child_of_God_08 wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:
South Park Cows wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:this should be under cafe limits, it's like 12.12 or something, shoulder's pretty messed up but you can still wear it if you want.

I think it needs to be 12 KB or less dont it?

Yeah...not sure why he though 12.12 would work when the limit is 12.

Technically it's 12.24 or something like that, but when he saved and hosted it the size jumped to 12.6.

So what is the maximum file size you can save so that it wont jump over the limits when in the cafe. I dont think it will make much difference in quality but its a handy fact to know.

12.288 KB (Check out my last post). ;-)

yeah but SPC said somthing about the file size getting bumped up

i dunno maybe i read it wrong
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Guru13 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:09 am

sorry I haven't resized it yet, I haven't been allowed on my personal computer for awhile, freakin school. pssh. ya, but if someone wants to use it, I'll resize it.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:01 pm

Ok Wikkid I am trying this tutorial out step by step so I can learn how to do this stuff.....I am down to the part after I made 5 copies of my player and I went down the list....on the first one it says overlay 50%-erased parts to accent shadows.....I'm assuming you mean the opacity is 50%??Then it says linear dodge50%motion blurred 45deg.I'm assuming that by 50% you again meant opacity...then it says linear dodge 50%,linear dodge 100%multiply100% and then it says desaturate.....I have no clue what desaturate is.EDIT:I found desaturate.....Then it says directional drop shadow...I got that.....Next it says this is what we get with all that cool junk....How did you get them all together??You lost me here!
Last edited by boehlerking01 on Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 10:17 pm

Am I not supposed to have 5 copies of the origional making 6 total?I'm getting the feeling that I made my copied wrong maybe?I have 6 different renders on 6 different pallets of 400X100...Is there another way to do this maybe?
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:36 pm

I just went and dragged each of them together into the same one!It was a pain getting them lined up but...
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby boehlerking01 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:42 pm

Now I'm at another stump in the road....I have no clue how to use stock photos.....I guess now is a good time to learn!
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby thatonepoorkid » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:00 am

boehlerking01 wrote:Now I'm at another stump in the road....I have no clue how to use stock photos.....I guess now is a good time to learn!

Not sure what u are asking here so i will explain it all. A stock photo is simply a photo you would find on google image search. You are gonna look for somthing with contrast and maybe a lil detail (thats what i look for). Then just throw it into the backround and resize as much as u like until it looks good to u.

Am I not supposed to have 5 copies of the origional making 6 total?I'm getting the feeling that I made my copied wrong maybe?I have 6 different renders on 6 different pallets of 400X100...Is there another way to do this maybe?

Only 5 i think

as for this post:

Ok Wikkid I am trying this tutorial out step by step so I can learn how to do this stuff.....I am down to the part after I made 5 copies of my player and I went down the list....on the first one it says overlay 50%-erased parts to accent shadows.....I'm assuming you mean the opacity is 50%??Then it says linear dodge50%motion blurred 45deg.I'm assuming that by 50% you again meant opacity...then it says linear dodge 50%,linear dodge 100%multiply100% and then it says desaturate.....I have no clue what desaturate is.EDIT:I found desaturate.....Then it says directional drop shadow...I got that.....Next it says this is what we get with all that cool junk....How did you get them all together??You lost me here!

I am not really following could u orginize the post a lil more maybe.

Anyway hope what i have helped a lil lol
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:09 am

TOPK answered the bits i understood...i dont really get what you are asking in thta last post either. stock photos can be anything really. i use flowers quite frequently in mine ;-) :-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby boehlerking01 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:10 am

First of all I want to thank you for the help!I need all I can get considering that I'm learning most of this by trial and error and watching tutorials.

What I was origionally getting out of his tut was that he had 5 or 6 different pallets set at 400X100 and he had a copy of the render in each one...Then I thought that he did different things to each one making each look different.

When he was done with that he had 1 pallet(I'm not sure if thats even what its called) of the render with all the effects on it....I don't know how he got to that point...What I did was drag each one onto the first pallet and just moved them until they matched up..I really think that there is probably an easy way to do that without having to drag each one on.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Contests and Showing Off