Alright ladies and gents, tutorial time! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Alright ladies and gents, tutorial time!

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Postby boehlerking01 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:16 am

That is a cool sig Delux!

Do you have 100 of those saved and just change on a whim or are you making a new one each time?Right now I'm on unemployment so I have most of my day to work on them but you seem to have a new one each day.I assume that the better you get at making sigs the faster you can pump them out?

Is there a market for this kind of work? Maybe it would be a decent buisness to get into.I am looking at options for school maybe I'll throw some graphics classes in there.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby boehlerking01 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:33 am

Ok new question...How did he use the blur tool and make it look like the blur came from rivers moving across the sig?when I copy the layer and make it blur it just makes another copy of the render blurry...His looks like he dragged it and the color stayed there like a brush would. Sorry if I'm getting annoying guys and thank you for all the help you have already given.
boehlerking01
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Web Supporter

Postby TheFranchise » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:27 am

boehlerking01 wrote:First of all I want to thank you for the help!I need all I can get considering that I'm learning most of this by trial and error and watching tutorials.

What I was origionally getting out of his tut was that he had 5 or 6 different pallets set at 400X100 and he had a copy of the render in each one...Then I thought that he did different things to each one making each look different.

When he was done with that he had 1 pallet(I'm not sure if thats even what its called) of the render with all the effects on it....I don't know how he got to that point...What I did was drag each one onto the first pallet and just moved them until they matched up..I really think that there is probably an easy way to do that without having to drag each one on.

When duplicating a render, you defintely shouldn't take the route you have. Simply select the layer your render is in and duplicate it. You can do this by right-clicking the layer in the Layer/Channels/Path window and selecting "Duplicate Layer"

Your images will "layer" themselves over one another, hence the term.
TheFranchise
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Re: Alright ladies and gents, tutorial time!

Postby FatFoot » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:33 pm

This tutorial is incredibly useful. Can you recommend any books or resources for learning more of this stuff? Awesome.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:52 pm

FatFoot wrote:This tutorial is incredibly useful. Can you recommend any books or resources for learning more of this stuff? Awesome.

wicked has been MIA in these parts for a while unfortunately. not sure he will respond.

on this subject though...something is currently in the works in the cafe to have a number of tutorials and links to helpful information like this.

what program are you working with and how much experience do you have ( wondering if you are just starting out of have experience with graphics). im asking because ill point you in the direction of some info such as this tut, but it helps to know what you use and if you want to know some basics or more complex stuff ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FatFoot » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:45 am

I use Photoshop... I have done web graphics for almost a decade, but never photo retouching stuff, so a lot of these effects are brand new to me. Really amazing how you can re-define an image like that. Obviously I knew it could be done, but I didn't realize how reasonably easy it was to do.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:42 pm

actually, the website he posted his tutorial on has a lot of awesome tutorials like this...you should check it out. ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Contests and Showing Off