Rush should have mentioned Urlacher - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rush should have mentioned Urlacher

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rush should have mentioned Urlacher

Postby hendo » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:46 pm

I know this is not really fantasy-related, but why didn't Rush make the same 'overrated' case for Brian Urlacher? The guy disappears for games any time the opposing team decides to block him. However, he's been a media darling and a fan favorite since his rookie year. Could it be that the media and the NFL want to see a white LB succeed? (Disclaimer: I am a Bears fan :-t )
hendo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby josebach » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:50 pm

That's a good point. So you're saying there is some merit to what Rush is saying?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby hendo » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:56 pm

No, I don't think what Rush said has merit in the case of McNabb. He's had little talent on the O. to work with and has had to carry the offense on his back...imagine the #s he'd put up if he had Minny's O-line and Randy Moss or Clinton Portis and Shannon Sharpe. Instead, he has Duce, Pinkston and Thrash. However, I wonder why Rush picked on the black QB instead of the white LB who is arguably overrated.
hendo
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby converge241 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:58 pm

the only merit is that mcnabb is overated by most

minus any racial under or over tones (cause thats just plain stupid)

his accuracy is not great and the offense ran fine with detmer and feely in there

the reson that he may be overated is not because he is a blck, white, asian, or martian qb ..i think its because he's a running qb
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Oct 02, 2003 5:19 pm

I think the whole issue is just downright retarted. Of course we know Rush is wrong becaues McNabb is a great QB who plays through injuries, sickness, and visits the pro bowl. Rush's assumption of the Eagle's defense being the main reason the Eagles won is preposterous.

Just look at Mike Vick! All year last year, commentators spoke of how stifling the Falcons D was. How it shut out the Panthers two games of the season! The Panthers...aren't they the team that started RODNEY PEETE AND LAMAR SMITH LAST YEAR?!?!
Yes. The Falcons success is due at least 85% of Vick...the overall team's success and Defensive "dominance" has been severely lacking with Vick gone.

Limbauh, learn about the NFL before you throw out your weak ass comments without having any knowledge of it.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 9er Fan » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:13 pm

I'll say it here. Don't ban me from the website. ;-) Urlacher is a good LB. However, if he was black, he'd be just another good LB, not mentioned in the same breath as Ray Lewis. Same as Jason Seahorn in his hayday.

Just my opinion.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mtarail » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:35 pm

Agreed. A clean cut white guy who can play is an easy sell. Take Jason Williams (not the ex power forward that shoots his limo driver but the white point guard). You'd have to be naive to think that 2 years ago, when the hype was at its peak, Williams jersey was the biggest seller in the NBA, and now Urlachers jersey is a top NFL seller. Neither was nor is close to being a top 10 player in their respective league.

I'm not hating on Urlacher though. He may not be at a level of Ray Lewis, Porter, or Brooks as an LB but he may get there one day.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Leprechaun » Thu Oct 02, 2003 6:44 pm

I think converge hit on some good points, Detmer and Feely ran the offense well.. Some I'm sure will argue, better... But maybe the 'social concern' is in regards to the fact that McNabb is running QB. I might even buy into that. And if that is the case, I'm sure for some people it's not that far a step to Connect 'Running QB' to 'Black QB'.. Wasn't there a SIllustrated cover about the new breed of QB a few years ago with Kordell, McNair, and McNabb.
Leprechaun
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby zombiez » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:07 am

and of all the aboved mentioned, how many rings do they have>??????hmmmmmmm
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby yoda83 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:33 am