Yahoo Commish Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo Commish Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Commish Question

Postby mothaudio » Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:45 am

I voted against a trade but it's still showing. Is this trade veto'd or not? How can I tell, just wait-n-see?
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:14 am

If its league votes. It won't get vetoed unless 4 others veto it likely. If you are commish and have it set to commish vetoes than it should have were you can veto it. If its a really bad trade, do what i do and email or message them to veto and post it on the board.
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mothaudio » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:26 am

I'm the Commish. An owner contacted me that me inadvertantly voted for rather than against a trade [D.Gabriel for D.Brees]. Who would accept that offer? So I have exclusive veto rights and voted it down but it's still listed as active. Just curious if it took effect.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mbuser » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:13 pm

mothaudio wrote:I'm the Commish. An owner contacted me that me inadvertantly voted for rather than against a trade [D.Gabriel for D.Brees]. Who would accept that offer? So I have exclusive veto rights and voted it down but it's still listed as active. Just curious if it took effect.

if you 'voted', then you set the trade review setting to 'league votes' and you get one vote like everyone else. if you had set it to 'commissioner' then you would see the options to 'allow' or 'veto' the trade, and clicking either would immediately take effect. click the settings tab and see what it says for trade review
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mothaudio » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:25 pm

Thanks. I thought I set it to "Commish" but instead it's set for "league vote". I supose I could switch it and veto the trade [per his wishes] and then switch it back. Then post a note in the Commisionners box regarding the action taken.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mbuser » Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:54 pm

actually that setting locks once the season starts. the only way you could get it changed is by contacting customer care

http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/football/cgi_feedback

your other option is to email your league explaining the situation and asking everyone to vote against the trade
mbuser
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ttwarrior1 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 1:25 pm

just get the league to veto it. The guy accepting should be ashamed and givehim back if it happens
ttwarrior1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mothaudio » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:54 am

Thanks mbuser, you were absolutely correct. Seeing it was out of my hands I emailed both owners and explained the situation. The one proposing owner said he would do whatever I wished but thought it could set a precident for a loop hole in the future ["oops, I goofed can you fix it?"]. I really don't see that happening. Luckily through no intervention on my behalf the league vetoed the trade so all is good. Thanks again.
mothaudio
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk