Week 3 GC: CIN @ PIT - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 3 GC: CIN @ PIT

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Paladyr » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:05 pm

This is what would have happened last year if pitt didn't knock carson out. We were better than pitt last year, and we are still better than them.
Go Bengals!
'06 FF Champion!
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:42 pm

Paladyr wrote:This is what would have happened last year if pitt didn't knock carson out. We were better than pitt last year, and we are still better than them.

im not going to comment on that b/c it would make me look like a sore loser. ill just leave it at this: its a looooooong season.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jayday » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:16 pm

What a game, it was like a rollercoaster with all the momentum swings....Pitt's defense had a field day with our pass protection, sacking CP 6 times....That's unacceptable....Not having veteran Richie Braham up there calling the protection audibles was plain to see....

Hey Bratkowski, have you ever heard of play-action you turd? That's the worst game-calling I've seen from you in a while....Mix it up a little instead of run-run-pass, run-run-pass....You were just giving Pittsburgh oppurtunities to blitz all day....

The defense gave up yards but came away with huge turnovers again including one of the worst throws I've seen in years by Big Ben....That ball was underthrown by a good 15-20 yards....He fell down he tried to throw it so hard....

Enjoy your bags Steeler fans...See you in Week 17 ;-)

Who Dey? Noooooooobody! ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby whodey#9 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:39 am

steelerfan513 wrote:stupid ricardo colclough and verron haynes :-#

That paperbag looks good on you. ;-D
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:58 am

Perfect example of how turnovers can kill you... Great hard hitting game but disappointed in the turnovers. The credit goes to Cinci today. They did what it took to beat the champs in their own crib. Ben is still not back yet. The big balloon int he threw showed me he doesnt have his strength back to 100% yet. The INT he threw in the endzone was a mental mistake. It appeared he was throwing it away and just didnt get it high enough.

The botched punt return completely swung the game around. Why was Coclough back there and not Holmes or Willie Reid?? They drafted Reid in the 3rd round specifically for special teams. Activate him and use him. Coclough should not be back there again EVER. Haynes' fumble put the dagger in the game as 2 turnovers in under a minute is impossible to come back from. Not as upset with that though as rbs will fumble, it happens. I would rather of had Parker in there but he already had a ton of touches.

Palmer is an idiot if he beleives the crap he spewed after the game. Something to the effect that "one on one matched up, our players are just better then theirs."..... Get over yourself already. I want some of the kool-aid you are drinking. Those are two highly talented teams and very closely matched. Bottom line,You dont have to like your opponenet, but have some class and respect for the World Champs. Pitts D is a witch, Parker is a STUD but they will be hard pressed to consistantly win if Ben does not get back to being Ben. Cincy has the peices in place to make a serious run but their front 7 on Def may be their achilles heal.... See ya in December Cincy... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting