Week 3 GC: ATL @ NO - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Week 3 GC: ATL @ NO

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Heimholder » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:55 pm

J2thez929 wrote:This is gonna be a great victory for the Saints and most importantly, the city of New Orleans. Good to see the people of the city forget about life for a day and enjoy their football team ;-D

Nice victory guys :-)

Agreed. ;-D
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Go Skins! » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:59 pm

Oh yeah....3-0 baby!!!

Colston pulled me through!!!
Go Skins!
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:00 pm

I must say, lots of emotions flying tonight..on the field and in these forums. Some of the things ive read :-t
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:02 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I must say, lots of emotions flying tonight..on the field and in these forums. Some of the things ive read :-t

I agree, its sad. :,-(

Congratz to the Saints and the city of New Orleans on a big win!!!! ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby joejccva » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:05 pm

Well thanks to crappy Dunn and the way the Falcons defense played tonight, instead of just losing 2 leagues...i lost 4.

Thanks Mora...love ya. Quick question for ya:

How much did you get paid to lose to the Saints?

Oh wait, better yet ..how much did the refs get paid to not call pass interferences, out of bounds hits, and even the roughing the passer on Vick who got HIT BELOW THE KNEES, but no foul was called.

The Falcons looked worse than a HS football team tonight. I find it extremely hard to believe that the defense played THAT bad, and Dunn ...he looked worse than Dominic Rhodes.
Last edited by joejccva on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joejccva
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:06 pm

Metroid wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I must say, lots of emotions flying tonight..on the field and in these forums. Some of the things ive read :-t

I also agree.....it's kinda ridiculous the things people say over a game like this. The real people who were affected by Katrina and that this game helps morale wise is worth a lot more than whatever fantasy matchup you had riding on this game, or even if you just wanted the Falcons to win. Football is just not THAT important.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:11 pm

mattb47 wrote:
Metroid wrote:

I also agree.....it's kinda ridiculous the things people say over a game like this. The real people who were affected by Katrina and that this game helps morale wise is worth a lot more than whatever fantasy matchup you had riding on this game, or even if you just wanted the Falcons to win. Football is just not THAT important.

Exactly I'm glad they kept talking about how bad it still is over there. People here on the west coast(and probably everywhere other than the south) need to be reminded that alot of work still needs to be done. What were doing here is a fantasy, the tragedy the city of New Orleans is still going through is a reality.
Metroid

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:15 pm

I wish a hurricane would hit the ESPN studios.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:18 pm

Jimboozie wrote:I wish a hurricane would hit the ESPN studios.

Ha! ;-D

Hey boozie who ya like next week Crumpler or Colston? :-b
Metroid

Postby onnestabe » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:31 pm

As a New Orleanian-in-exile, I just want to say this:

Great win by my Saints... ;-D

Very good coverage by the media. Mistakes were made with names and such, but I think the announcers and guests did a very good job of highlighting the good things that are happening in New Orleans and at the same time emphasizing that New Orleans still needs help from the rest of the country. Btw, New Orleans in the fall is beautiful. If you want to make a Thanksgiving trip this year, I can think of few places better to visit.

These announcers have spent a total of three days in New Orleans, and things are so bad, even now - 13 months later - that they took it upon themselves to speak up and get the word out about the situation on a national stage. This is living proof that time does not heal all wounds. New Orleans needs not only time, but tourists' money, hard work, and hope. We have hard work and we've had about as much time as we can stand, but we needed this game tonight to help get the other two.

I am pretty appalled by what I have read here on these boards. This same conversation about how much football means to the citizens of New Orleans was had many a time here at the Cafe last year and during the offseason, but I don't recall seeing any stfu's during those discussions.

Pictures don't do it justice. It's too easy to think of a picture as somewhere else far away and a long time ago. If you really want to understand what is happening down there, go visit it yourself. Then you will understand everything that was said tonight. If you don't want to understand, then have fun living with your ignorance.

Thanks to all the people here who can show some class. You know who you are.
Last edited by onnestabe on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting