Police the Commish (me) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Police the Commish (me)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Police the Commish (me)

Postby BigMusky » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:09 pm

I know my league, and I know they are going to complain about this deal. I am the commish and was offered this deal and accepted, but now need to police myself. Our general rule is let everyone weigh in opinions and then I make a decision. I obvioiusly have a conflict of interest here.

Should I allow this deal?

Randy Moss (I get)

for

Michael Turner and Joe Horn

I have LT2, so handicuffing his back is not a motive for getting turner. This guy lives in California so I am sure he hears lots of praise for Turner and Raider bashing and it obviously effecting his decision. He is also 0-2.

I know a fair amount of people on veto for collusion purposes ONLY and I already know your answer....I want to hear from the other who veto trades for league unbalance. Is this so lopsided that I should not take it?
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stepsinsc » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:14 pm

Just my $.02, but that trade is not lopsided enough for a reasonable person to believe that collusion is the underlying motive. Trades should only be policed insofar as they attempt to undermine the integrity of a league. Here, Moss' value has bottomed out. Turner's, OTOH, is at its highest. Further, Horn's is arguably higher than Moss' given how Brees is playing. This trade can easily be justified.

You're fine.
stepsinsc
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Howie » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:16 pm

Looks like a classic buy-low, sell-high to me. Nothing wrong with that. ;-D
Howie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Matthias » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:21 pm

I think it's ok. Horn is consistently underrated. And there are serious questions about everything involving the Raiders.

You're in the clear.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Gnu314 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:34 pm

I see no problem with the trade but at this point I'ed rather have Turner than Moss...
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby mcmill3 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:52 pm

Absolutely nothing wrong with the deal at all.
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:55 pm

Simple as this. Since your commish and have to make the decision everyone who voted against it will cry wolf on you.

Anytime you are involved in a trade you should have everyone vote except you and your trade partner.....Majority wins and your decision isnt based on it, only way i see it fair.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby spodog » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:47 pm

this trade is OK. Raiders are imploding at record pace (even for them) this year, so Moss may be a DUD, and you'll regret even taking it, much less being concerned about it being fair.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:36 am

Alkaholik wrote:Simple as this. Since your commish and have to make the decision everyone who voted against it will cry wolf on you.

Anytime you are involved in a trade you should have everyone vote except you and your trade partner.....Majority wins and your decision isnt based on it, only way i see it fair.

I agree with Alk. In the league where I'm commish any trade involving me is put to a league vote which I abstain from.

That said the trade is fine, although I'm not sure why you want Moss.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby dgan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:14 am

I don't think it is fair at all. You are getting hosed in that deal.

If LT goes down, Turner would put up top 5 RB numbers. And, in my league at least, Horn is ranked the 45th WR after 2 weeks and Randy Moss is ranked the 65th WR. You are giving up an excellent handcuff and the primary reciever on a 2-0 team for a guy who hasn't produced yet and is on a team that has no hope of getting any better.

If people put up a stink in your league, they are idiots. Moss is a name only these past two years. His fantasy value is awful. Last year, he barely cracked the top 20 in fantasy pts per start for WRs, and that was with a legit QB throwing to him.

So you can quote that to anyone that complains about you getting a steal in this trade. :-)
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk