How many is too many from one team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

How many is too many from one team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:10 am

I can safely say that 4 is too many.

Faulk, Gordon, Bulger (Warner), Holt are gone on bye weeks to be replaced by Pittman, Doug Johnson (Vick), and Javon Walker.

With our structured roster limits (2 QB, 4 RB, 5 WR, 2 K, 2D) Faulk really takes up 2 roster spots. QB 'vulturing' is not allowed. Nobody can grab Warner or Vick. RB vulturing is encouraged.

This week hurts

D Johnson (Bulger)
F Taylor
M Pittman (Faulk, Gordon)
H Ward
C Johnson
J Walker (T Holt, J Porter)
R Longwell (J Brown)
Carolina (Miami)
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zombiez » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:35 am

ouch Hogman that hurts.....personally i hate havin two from the same team, unless one os a kiker....lol...they dont count
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:30 am

I think it depends on how good your team is. You generally don't want to have too many players on one team because there is too much risk of that team getting shut down and you're screwed. However, say you're going up against a team that is clearly superior to yours. I say load up with 3 or 4 guys on one team and hope for a huge game. You're probably going to lose anyway so go for it. However again, anyone who reads this board is probably one of the better teams in their league so they should limit the number of guys on one team. Basically, the better the team you're going against, the more people from one team is acceptable. It's risk management.

Friendliness: %

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:35 pm

You are all missing one major point, we're talking about TEs![b] Who cares, TEs are so inconsistant and all of those are solid choices. Pick one and move on. For me I'd take Conwell, you can grab someone for your bye. Jeez.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby BradtheImpaler » Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:50 pm

conwell is a decent option, so go with him....as far as TE's go, i dont think it makes a difference if you also have a wr/rb from the same team. if ernie gets you 3/4 points a game with an occasional td he'll be a decent second tier TE.
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk