Will Matt Millen ever be fired??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Matt Millen ever be fired???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Matt Millen ever be fired???

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes : 53

Postby moochman » Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:03 pm

mrblitz wrote:I think the problem is Millens draft picks. It's great to get 3 wr's with your number 1 pick. But when you don't address any other positions, the results are clear.

Too easy. It goes much deeper than that. The players he has gotten never seem to fit the philosophy of the coaches that he hires. The FAs that he has signed all have preformed below expectations and well below their new pay scale. In short Millen has been a complete and totlal disaster.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vixtor » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:33 am

I doubt it. If he wasn't fired last year... I mean, it just isn't happening.
The facts have no meaning.
Vixtor
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:14 am

What if we could get Millen on the cover of Madden Football next year??? Career ending injury - hmmm! :-?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:15 am

moochman wrote:
mrblitz wrote:I think the problem is Millens draft picks. It's great to get 3 wr's with your number 1 pick. But when you don't address any other positions, the results are clear.

Too easy. It goes much deeper than that. The players he has gotten never seem to fit the philosophy of the coaches that he hires. The FAs that he has signed all have preformed below expectations and well below their new pay scale. In short Millen has been a complete and totlal disaster.

that about sums it up...
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Infidel » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:53 pm

Not until Millen loses that video of Ford getting his trunk stuffed. Only explanation as to why he has a job now.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dellnet2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 pm

well now he's 0-4 thoughts?
dellnet2000
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby matmat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:43 am

he'll get fired once the ownership of the team changes.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby spodog » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:41 am

The Ford family has real tough time admitting their mistakes.

Millen falls into this category.

Look what they've done over the last 5 years with Ford Motor Company.

They are finally acknowledging that the Ford family CEO who has been ru[i]nning the company needs to step aside and they've brought in an outside CEO, started to get aggressive with the unions again and are considering jettisoning the "favored child" status subsidiaries like Jaguar which are not profitable.

Same situation with the Lions. They don't want to admit that the Millen era has been a disaster, so they stay the course.

All the other NFC North team fans can hardly wait for draft day 2007 next spring to see if Millen drafts WR's in the first 4 rounds of the draft this time.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:59 pm

I think if and when Millen gets fired, it will come in the form of a resignation. So no, "technically" he won't get fired.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:58 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I think if and when Millen gets fired, it will come in the form of a resignation. So no, "technically" he won't get fired.

Well, he's gone 21-63
His drafting and signing of free agents has been nothing short of embarrassing.
He called an ex-player a *ag in the KC stadium.
He goes on air and calls out his own player for being gutless, or more specifically "He looks unbelievable in practice then on gameday.......I just want to choke him and say where are your testicles" I paraphrase, but that is pretty close.
He drafts a WR with drug issues and lazy practice habits. Doesn't bother to do a basic background check that would have led him to take AJohnson instead. Crog is out of the league right now.
This year he hires a D-line coach without even as much as making a simple phone call to ask about him. Same coach would, after getting his first DUI, get another and be ticketed for driving through a drive thru window naked.

I really have a hard time envisioning just what it would take for this bozo to be humiliated enough to quit.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk