Will Matt Millen ever be fired??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Matt Millen ever be fired???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Matt Millen ever be fired???

Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes : 53

Re: Will Matt Millen ever be fired???

Postby RWLongy4 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:34 pm

15. Detroit Lions.
William Clay Ford, Sr. Mr. Ford already owns the Lions, but try to stick with me here, because I know what I'm doing. Mr. Ford has made a series of great decisions to keep me around as general manager of the Lions, so I'm going to draft him here, with the condition that he agrees to own the Lions until he's dead and lets me have my job forever. Because if he sold the team, the new guy would fire my ass in a heartbeat.

And since he's rich, we won't have to pay him, and we can use that money to find some kind of cryogenic technology to keep Mr. Ford alive forever.

Hah, I'd say thats pretty on point. :-b
RWLongy4
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:48 pm

4. Oakland Raiders.
TRADE. Oakland sends this pick to the New York Giants in exchange for Jared Lorenzen and 35 bottles of self-tanning lotion.

You've got to be shrewd with the salary cap, and Oakland spent a ton of money this year on free agents. They need to save here, but that doesn't mean they can't add value. They have JaMarcus Russell at quarterback, and they had Daunte Culpepper last year, so obviously, they love huge quarterbacks. That's where Lorenzen comes in. And they like those huge quarterbacks to be black. And that's where the 35 bottles of self-tanning lotion come in.

And with this pick, the Giants will take Cooper Manning. You can never have too many of those guys around. In fact, these Mannings are so good, I'm not even going to bother checking this guy's medical history.

:-b :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:33 pm

I have lost he ability to laugh. The only hope is that mashing MIllen becomes such a nationwide phenomenon that even Lord Ford gets wind that his pet GM is a bigger idiot than his highness and dismiss DoorMatt to Pennsylvania to carve himself a guillatine.

Code: Select all
I know everyone thinks I'm some kind of intolerant bigot because I once called Johnnie Morton a "f----t,"

How did that not get him fired? Arrgh!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Calyxes » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:35 pm

You would think he would have some self pride and quite by now :-P He will never get fired :-t
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby The Lung » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:18 am

I was in attendance at the NFL Draft at Radio City yesterday, and after Detroit's pick of Gosder Cherilus, everyone started chanting "Matt Millen." :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby moochman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:17 am

The Lung wrote:I was in attendance at the NFL Draft at Radio City yesterday, and after Detroit's pick of Gosder Cherilus, everyone started chanting "Matt Millen." :-b

You bastage!!! How was it being at the draft? I hope it was as cool as it sounds like it'd be.

I can only imagine the laughing when they took Dizon in round two.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:59 am

moochman wrote:I can only imagine the laughing when they took Dizon in round two.

I hope at some point to write a full report on the experience, but to answer your question, about 3/4 of the people left at the end of Round 1 so there was little reaction to 2nd round picks.

The Tennessee Titans pick of Chris Johnson got an obnoxiously loud cackle from almost everyone in attendance though. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby moochman » Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:16 pm

The Lung wrote:
moochman wrote:I can only imagine the laughing when they took Dizon in round two.

I hope at some point to write a full report on the experience, but to answer your question, about 3/4 of the people left at the end of Round 1 so there was little reaction to 2nd round picks.

The Tennessee Titans pick of Chris Johnson got an obnoxiously loud cackle from almost everyone in attendance though. :-b

I look forward to reading it, Lung.
The Titans picking another RB is puzzling given their other needs. Expect something like that from ATL, DET or OAK, not Tenn.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Football Talk