RB Dilemma???? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

RB Dilemma????

Moderator: Football Moderators

RB Dilemma????

Postby R8RH8R » Mon Aug 26, 2002 9:37 pm

I currently have Eddie George, Corey Dillon, Emmitt Smith, Kevan Barlow, and Stacey Mack in a 10 team league. I am considering dropping Mack for either Lamont Jordan or, now that he's with New England, Jamal Anderson. Would this be a wise choice?

You see, George and Dillon are both off week 7. I will start Emmitt and possibly Barlow, but I am looking for an upgrade. If Fraud Taylor isn't broken by that time, then I see no value whatsoever in Stacey Mack. I have heard that Lamont Jordan looks awesome in the preseason and should steal much of the goal line carries away from the undersized Curtis Martin. What does everyone else think?
Go DEEP!!!!
R8RH8R
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

RB's

Postby straight ballin' » Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:19 am

Starting running backs are crucial. Maybe not so much in a 10 team leauge, but you have to figure it is better to take a loss one week then to give up some one that will be a great help the next week!!
straight ballin'

Friendliness: %

Postby R8RH8R » Tue Aug 27, 2002 10:36 am

straight ballin'- I was wondering if I should drop Stacey Mack and try to pick up Jamal Anderson or Lamont Jordan to go along with Emmitt week 7 when my two studs are on a Bye. I also found out that Jamel White from Cleveland was available....do I make the switch? My only other option is to go with Barlow week 7.
Go DEEP!!!!
R8RH8R
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Bubba08 » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:03 am

If I was you I wouldn't feel like you have to make a switch because you already have 3 solid RB's. Emmitt may surprise some people this year, and Barlow could be a starter soon if Hearst goes down. If you do want more insurance Jordan would be a good pick up because of the obvious TD potential. Other than him look for Clinton Portis if he's available. Despite his fumble issues he could be a great sleeper in Denver. His 3 fumbles the other day may be god sent because better he realize his problem preseason than in the regular season. But over all you look solid at RB you should be pumped with a backfield like that. (I also have Dillon and George with James and I picked up Portis off waivers).
Bubba08

Friendliness: %

Postby R8RH8R » Tue Aug 27, 2002 11:24 am

Bubba- I wish I could have grabbed Portis, but he was taken in the 3rd round! I grabbed two of the best backs available and even passed on Edge. Then I grabbed McNabb, since there wasn't going to be any quality QB's left. I think the guy who drafted Portis in round 3 picked him way too high. He drafted Culpepper, Martin, and Portis in that order....I just wish he had slipped a little farther down the draft line. Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson are both available as well. Being a huge Broncos fan, I know how Shanny thinks....he won't have any problem with a RBBC approach.
Go DEEP!!!!
R8RH8R
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby chesapeake » Tue Aug 27, 2002 12:17 pm

You're fine. Barlow is a great option for week 7. He's going to get a lot of PT this year...they're even talking about he and Hearst possibly BOTH rushing for 1,000 yards. That said, however, I would drop Mack for Lamont Jordan because if Curtis Martin goes down you've got yourself a stud. Even if Taylor goes down (much more likely), Mack is only average -- he's not very explosive.
chesapeake
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby SolarfluX » Tue Aug 27, 2002 4:16 pm

Jamal Anderson's value will be diminished by the RBBC approach in NE, unless he's very productive early (which most likely won't happen).

Emmitt might have the record by week 6; if so, expect his carries to drop and Hambrick will get more... Emmitt will then be the best 3rd down back available. ;)
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk