Garrison Hearst's bigoted comments... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Garrison Hearst's bigoted comments...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Garrison Hearst's bigoted comments...

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:24 pm

Why is it that Rush Limbaugh gets crucified for voicing an opinion about the media overhyping a black quarterback while Garrison Hearst says he doesn't want any "faggots" on his team and it barely makes the back page? Why is it considered acceptable for black people to make bigoted and racist comments without fear of repercussions while white people have to walk on glass to avoid saying something that might offend somebody? Hell, look at Jeremy Shockey. He called Parcels a "homo" and it's all you can read about, yet Garrison Hearst can call gay people "faggots" and not get in trouble? I don't agree with Rush's comments about McNabb being over-rated because he is black, but I do believe they let Hearst off the hook because he is black. I'm sorry, but this double standard is bullshit!!!

Nobody on this forum even mentioned it? Why is that?

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby AF » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:26 pm

Never heard anything about it that's why.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby deftdelivery » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:29 pm

Well you heard more news on Limbaugh and Shockey b/c everybody knows who they are, for one. Garrison Hearst is relatively unknown amongst people that don't follow the NFL. Secondly, Hearst is slamming people on his own time, not another coach or player that he DOES NOT know. I think there's a difference there. Sure he's saying some foolish stuff, but it's not as shocking as stating a comment about a guy you don't even know.
[url=http://www.studio-seraph.com/forums]Image[/url]
YOUR movie resource - sign up at the forums

[color=green]PS I'll find my frog[/color]
deftdelivery
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2003 9:36 pm

AF wrote:Never heard anything about it that's why.

Exactly!!! The media chose not to make this a story. John Rocker says something bigoted... gets slammed. Jeremy Shockey says something bigoted... gets slammed. Garrison Hearst says something bigoted... nothing. Shockey and Rocker are both complete jackasses. I have no problem with them getting chastised. I DO want a little consistency, though.

Postby zombiez » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:37 pm

seems to follow with what Rush was saying.....the media controls what we the public hear and see.......damn shame, far from what this great country was founded on
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby yoda83 » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:43 pm

guest, so you want to gripe about the black dude that got off b/c of his color? the one who got off easy for making a stupid-@ss comment? go read some american history and see how the skin situation has usually played itself out.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:49 pm

Who the hell said its so great? The president is a phony liar, the population is so divided over B.S. topics like race because the economy is in the crapper so everyone looks for someone to blame for everything, we're fighting a war to line Bush's and his lobbiest friend's pockets with oil money, not to mention the lack of any art or culture which has been pushed into niche markets by big record companies and Hollywood drilling monopolizing the airwaves with corporate advertising "hidden" in multimedia outlets, we dont give a s@#t about the elderly, the healthcare system is a mess, little kids shoot each other with their parents guns because the 'rents are never home. The U.S. government is not a democracy, its an oligarchy run by the wealthy to keep the rest of the country fat, dumb, diseased and poor. This country sucks a fatty and most Americans are too stupid to realize it. Yeah, you tell me what is so great about this country in 2003? (other than the NFL)

Postby zombiez » Thu Oct 02, 2003 11:56 pm

open borders pal(at least when u leave) go somewhere else for a while and you will be beggin to come back here...best country on the planet.....if you dont feel that then get the hell out... ;-D
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby V-unit » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:14 am

I dislike Bush also Guest but thats just the way it is.Bush should of never won but thats a whole different issue.America is the shizznit compared to any other country in the world with or without Football. ;-D
V-unit
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:17 am

Who the hell said its so great? The president is a phony liar, the population is so divided over B.S. topics like race because the economy is in the crapper so everyone looks for someone to blame for everything, we're fighting a war to line Bush's and his lobbiest friend's pockets with oil money, not to mention the lack of any art or culture which has been pushed into niche markets by big record companies and Hollywood drilling monopolizing the airwaves with corporate advertising "hidden" in multimedia outlets, we dont give a s@#t about the elderly, the healthcare system is a mess, little kids shoot each other with their parents guns because the 'rents are never home. The U.S. government is not a democracy, its an oligarchy run by the wealthy to keep the rest of the country fat, dumb, diseased and poor. This country sucks a fatty and most Americans are too stupid to realize it. Yeah, you tell me what is so great about this country in 2003? (other than the NFL)

You just answered your own question. If you said those ridiculous comments in another country, you'd be hanging from a rope. That's what is so great about this country. I can't believe I have to mention this. Open your eyes.

Next

Return to Football Talk