Play Thrash since opponent has McNabb to negate TD's? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Play Thrash since opponent has McNabb to negate TD's?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Play Thrash since opponent has McNabb to negate TD's?

Postby Rat Pack » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:24 pm

the guy I'm playing this week has McNabb as his QB. J. Thrash is on the waiver wire. Would it be a good idea to pick him up and plug him into a flex spot to negate any TD's thrown by McNabb to Thrash? I would be replacing Horn with Thrash, and I don't think I'm losing that much without Horn in there, cuz he's hurt, the saints are a mess as a whole, and they're playing a tough Panthers D. My only other realistic choice for this spot is Q. Morgan.
"Here's the thing: if you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, you are the sucker."- Rounders
Rat Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Rat Pack » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:34 pm

can I get a few opinions on this?
Rat Pack
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Buckychudd » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:34 pm

I have to say that I've never bought into the whole negating points theory. You need to play the guys you think will score the most points.

On the other hand.....if you don't think Horn will start, and Morgan is your only other option.....you might project Thrash to have the highest point total of the three. Which is a good reason to start him.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:43 pm

What difference is it going to make who scores the points? Isn't 6 points the same no matter who scores it? Play the guy most likely to score. Considering McNabb hasn't thrown a touchdown pass yet, I would probably stay away from all Philly receivers.

Friendliness: %

Postby zombiez » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:30 am

who is your options?????
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby mikehunt » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:00 am

your problem is simple in the fact that Thrash is not the only reciever in Philly first off. Second what do you do if Mcnabb rush alot. and finally if there is no TD throwen but Mcnabb puts up 200yrds then you pouched so not even worth the thought unless you have no other options. I think your better off with Morgan or get a Ten wr or look at Bryant in Dallas.

Mike
mikehunt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:16 am

Rat Pack wrote:can I get a few opinions on this?

That's never a smart strategy in my opinion. I don't think Thrash is a bad play against a banged up Washington secondary, but if the only reason you would plug him in is your strategy of negating McNabb's points, I think that's a bad move.

As bad as the Saints offense has looked, the Eagles haven't been setting any offensive records lately and Joe Horn has been on the field every down giving 150% despite numerous injuries. 2 weeks ago he was "never bench type stud" and I don't know if I'd bench him for James Thrash just yet.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:30 pm

kid a wrote:That's never a smart strategy in my opinion. I don't think Thrash is a bad play against a banged up Washington secondary

the skins secondary isnt beat up... bailey has a little bittle of a bad hand but it didnt seem to affect him last week (a pick and a ff)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:44 pm

terpfan wrote:
kid a wrote:That's never a smart strategy in my opinion. I don't think Thrash is a bad play against a banged up Washington secondary

the skins secondary isnt beat up... bailey has a little bittle of a bad hand but it didnt seem to affect him last week (a pick and a ff)

I saw Bailey listed as probable and someone else at CB (not Smoot) listed as questionable. I'm sure Bailey will play and most likely be fine, my point was that I think you could do a lot worse than James Thrash this week.
Last edited by kid a on Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:52 pm

Horn is definitely a better option.

The trumping TD's thing is sketchy at best, ESPECIALLY on philly, where the TD's are spread around pretty evenly amongst several receivers. There's no garuntee that if Mcnabb throws 3 TD's, any of them are gonna go to thrash.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk