0-3!!!! THIS IS TOTALLY STUPID!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

0-3!!!! THIS IS TOTALLY STUPID!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

0-3!!!! THIS IS TOTALLY STUPID!!!!

Postby Bjorne Greece » Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:05 pm

here's my roster:

start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, D, K
QB: Pepper, Bledsoe
RB: Rudi, Ronnie B, JLewis, Chester, Maroney
WR/TE: Boldin, Wayne, R. Brown, Bryant, Williamson, LJ Smith
D: Eagles, Chargers
K: Stover

I just lost to a HOOOOORRRRRRIBLE team. I got beat w/somone starting Randle El, Jennings and Berrian at WR this week. His RB's this week are Dillon (hurt) and Barlow.

I was 0-2 after last week and the 4th highest scoring team in a 10 team league. Now I'll be 0-3 after today, I was really counting on getting things straight this week but it's all F'D up now.

Tomorrow morning I'll be cutting the Eagles D for a QB, probably Kitna for some extra QB help, but otherwise I can't see any immediate improvements I can make.

Anyone else feeling my pain????? :~(
Bjorne Greece
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MartinBlank » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:42 am

Heh, that looks just like my team, bu a little worse, and I am 3-0 :)

Well I will be unless Bush blows up tomorrow night.
QB- Brady, Roeth
RB- Addai. Brown, Betts, Jordan, B Jackson, Foster
WR-Holt, Colston, Johnson, Stallworth, M Jones, Henderson
TE- Witten, McMichael
D- GB, PHI
K- Scobee, Gould

Keeper/Cap League 10 teams
PLAY: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D
Bench: 12
MartinBlank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Ranker

Postby pmix » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:07 pm

All right calm down, your focus should be to make the playoffs cause with this team you can beat anybody.

First, i would stick with bledsoe, look at his schedule the rest of the year. Very easy against the pass. I am actually tryin to pick him up in one league. Culpepper has to be benched until he can prove he is worth a start.

Second, your running backs are fine. I was not a big believer in Rudi this year because of his tough schedule, but he is producing. This week was tough just because the Bengals aired it out. I own Ronnie Brown and am frustrated as well, especially after this week. The dude is gettin some yards I would just love it if they would stick to him. Pretty soon Saban is gonna realize that in order to win they are gonna have to take the ball more out of Culpeppers small hands. You have very good running back depth and this is where I think you can make a move to get better wr/te production.

Third, you have to upgrade this position. your league is set up to get a lot of production out of your wr's with the flex position not including a rb option. If it was me I would be willing to give up some of my strength at rb to improve the wr position. If you can move a Taylor or Lewis or maroney (unless this is a keeper league) I would do it to get a better receiver. Heck I would be comfortable in moving Rudi or Ron Brown if you could get a Steve Smith, Torry Holt or Marvin Harrison. Honestly, I would trade both top backs for either of these two receivers (throw Chad Johnson in there). And go to battle with Chester Taylor and either Maroney or Jamal Lewis.

Ideally though, if you could get somebody to bite on Maroney (due to dillon's injury) for a top wr I would do it.

So, I do feel your pain.
I'M A CERTIFIED 'SPECIAL MASTER'
pmix
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flyn high again » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:01 pm

I have R Brown, Boldin, Stover, Eagles/Chargers, too. LOL! I'm 1-2. Talk about underperforming studs [OK, I just picked up Stover so I'm happy with him]. I, too, should have wiped the floor with my two opponents. Life can get weird at times.

It's a long season so all we have to do is keep improving out teams and make sure we have a great lineup of studs by the playoffs. If we make them, that is... :-D
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Heimholder » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:11 pm

pmix wrote:Pretty soon Saban is gonna realize that in order to win they are gonna have to take the ball more out of Culpeppers small hands.

For some reason this sentence just cracked me up. I'm picturing a highlight clip of a bunch of Culpepper miscues, set to the music of Jewel's "My Hands are Small I Know"... Ok yes I've been drinking tonight...
Heimholder
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:20 pm

Yeah I'm 0-3 as well, I feel your pain. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:21 pm

Heimholder wrote:
pmix wrote:Pretty soon Saban is gonna realize that in order to win they are gonna have to take the ball more out of Culpeppers small hands.

For some reason this sentence just cracked me up. I'm picturing a highlight clip of a bunch of Culpepper miscues, set to the music of Jewel's "My Hands are Small I Know"... Ok yes I've been drinking tonight...

Nah I 'm sober and I find that funny too. :-b ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting