Is S. JAX ever going to do anything?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is S. JAX ever going to do anything??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is S. JAX ever going to do anything??

Postby jlfn56 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:08 pm

What's the deal with him. I haven't seen him play all year so I don't know how he looks like, is he gonna put up better stats or can we expect a mediocre year? Anyone seem him play have any hope for me, any info would be awesome!
jlfn56
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:54 pm

He's got nearly 400 total yards in 3 games, and you're calling his performances mediocre? :-t
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:02 pm

Yea, seriously....he just hasn't had any TDs yet. Don't worry, they'll come in time. He has an easy schedule so as the STL offense starts to get ahold of the new system, the overall offense will improve which will give Jackson more looks at TD opportunities.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:15 am

Not to hate on jackson for not getting any TD's, but he has cost me the last 2 weeks just for the fact he has no td's, guys like ahman green who ride my bench get 2 times as many points as jackson....i like the yardage he's getting but man we need some pay dirt.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby jlfn56 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:24 am

I know he's doing well, but not first round well....I'm just an impatient owner that's all
jlfn56
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:48 am

jlfn56 wrote:I know he's doing well, but not first round well....I'm just an impatient owner that's all

There's a lot of first rounders who aren't performing like first rounders this year! :-P
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Joeybagadonuts » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:59 am

For a stud he's certainly not proving or disproving anything yet. But his no TDs has to be a cause for concern. He's ceratinly not winning me any games and I am growing impatient. I don't think underestimated Sjax, but I seriously think we overestimated St Louis' offense. They will struggle all year.
Joeybagadonuts
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:09 pm

Alkaholik wrote:Not to hate on jackson for not getting any TD's, but he has cost me the last 2 weeks just for the fact he has no td's, guys like ahman green who ride my bench get 2 times as many points as jackson....i like the yardage he's getting but man we need some pay dirt.

True dat.

I will need to consider pay dirt more when doing my rankings next year. I'm very happy with starting SJax/Dunn/Tatum in my very deep league, but it's beyond REEDICULOUS that not one of them has hit pay dirt yet!

Truly unreal, and frustrating.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:10 pm

people are greedy.

He is averaging over 100 total yards per week, and is involved in the passing game. Yeah, a TD would be nice, but i cant complain.

if you are unhappy with his play, I am sure you could find someone who wants to trade for him. Or, just bench him and put ahman green in.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:31 pm

I dont like his situation and how its played out, im trying to package him and a WR for LJ and hope for the best....

thing is if you want to trade him, you gotta shoot high, its only a few backs id take over him, and i probably wont get him outright for any of them, so im shooting for LT and LJ in a 2 player deal...i havent seen any TD's vs SF or STL its time to start worrying
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk