Is S. JAX ever going to do anything?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is S. JAX ever going to do anything??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:46 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:Or, just bench him and put ahman green in.

I'm considering it now, after all these easy matchups and no pay dirt, he has had one of the lowest scores on my team each week.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bklik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:30 pm

A better question is this:

Why does somebody post this thread weekly?
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:49 pm

bklik wrote:A better question is this:

The original poster was pretty clear to his reasoning, outside of this cafe being a natural venting locale for FFers. As an owner who also didn't get to see STL game, I look for some insight as well.

A much better question would be, "Since you obviously don't care about the topic, why click upon it??" :-/
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:59 pm

Why are people calling SJax owners greedy? Why all the wondering why this thread is even posted? Are you guys in leagues where they award style points?

The bottom line in fantasy sports is the bottom line! Sure SJax is a nice RB and sure he's "involved," but come on! You guys all know this is a points-heavy game.

If any player isn't producing top numbers of course the owners are going to be asking questions.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby kevster1 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:04 pm

I have watched most of the Rams games as a Bulger owner, and I believe the Td's will come. It reminds me of Portis early last year. Things realy have to play out wrong in the flow of the game in order to get no Td's.( The frustrating part of Fantasy Football.) The first game 6 field goals, and no Td's, and yesterday a personal foul against a cardinal player that would have given the Rams the ball first and goal on the 1 yd line. 99 times out of 100 it would be Td for Jackson. Unfortunately Holt retaliates against the cardinal player getting a late flag, and offsetting penalties. " I have never seen Holt loose his cool that way." The Rams at this point kicked a field goal which put them up by 9, and could have cost them the game if not for a dropped snap by Warner.
kevster1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:07 pm

I'll take double digit points from my #1 RB every single day of the week. I don't care how he gets it, as long as it happens. Jackson hasn't had a blowup week, but he isn't losing your game for you.

If you consider that LT, LJ, and Lamont sat this week.. Edgerrin James and is the ONLY legit 1st round RB I can think of that actually outperformed Jackson this weekend.

LT- bye
LJ - bye
SA - scored LESS
Tiki - LESS
Ronnie - LESS
Caddy - LESS
Lamont - bye
Rudi Johnson - LESS
Edge - scored MORE

You could have started a post about ANY of these guys wondering why guys like Ahman Green outscored them in week 3. It happens. Look at the list of all RBs in the NFL, and come back to me with a list of all the guys who have scored 10+ fantasy points in three weeks straight. And then realize that Steven Jackson is going to eventually score a touchdown at some point this season.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:32 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'll take double digit points from my #1 RB every single day of the week. I don't care how he gets it, as long as it happens. Jackson hasn't had a blowup week, but he isn't losing your game for you.

If you consider that LT, LJ, and Lamont sat this week.. Edgerrin James and is the ONLY legit 1st round RB I can think of that actually outperformed Jackson this weekend.

LT- bye
LJ - bye
SA - scored LESS
Tiki - LESS
Ronnie - LESS
Caddy - LESS
Lamont - bye
Rudi Johnson - LESS
Edge - scored MORE

You could have started a post about ANY of these guys wondering why guys like Ahman Green outscored them in week 3. It happens. Look at the list of all RBs in the NFL, and come back to me with a list of all the guys who have scored 10+ fantasy points in three weeks straight. And then realize that Steven Jackson is going to eventually score a touchdown at some point this season.

Well, I guess that depends on your league's scoring.

SJax got me 6.80 this week, vs. 9.45 for SA, but as an example a no talent @ssclown who I went again yest. named Barlow outpoints SJax w/7.55 due to falling into the all imp. end zone.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby jlfn56 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:41 pm

thank you for those of you willing to help....but for you others saying that it was stupid to post this thread, why do we even have these forums in the first place??? I realize that jax isn't doing poorly, but I just haven't seen any rams games and wanted to know if he looked good or not..... if you don't like the thread just don't click on it.......but I really do appreciate those of you willing to help. Thank you
jlfn56
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:46 pm

jlfn56 wrote:thank you for those of you willing to help....but for you others saying that it was stupid to post this thread, why do we even have these forums in the first place??? I realize that jax isn't doing poorly, but I just haven't seen any rams games and wanted to know if he looked good or not..... if you don't like the thread just don't click on it.......but I really do appreciate those of you willing to help. Thank you

Post away with questions like this. As you mention, this is exactly what the Cafe is for. ;-D

Telling you you were crazy for posting this thread is what the Cafe is for, too, but that's life. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:18 pm

Sjax is averaging 13 points per game despite not yet scoring. Over the course of a season that's 208 fantasy points, about what he scored last year. Considering he's done this despite not scoring and there is virtually no chance that he'll not find the endzone at some point, I like where this is headed.

People are talking like this is all just future optimism and there's no production to match. It's not like Jackson is going for 7 yards while no putting up a TD, he's still putting up RB1 numbers even without the TDs.

LS2throwed wrote:I dont like his situation and how its played out, im trying to package him and a WR for LJ and hope for the best....

So we've got a thread about Sjax not scoring and you're trading for LJ...who also hasn't scored?

bklik wrote:A better question is this:

Lol, well put.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk