Is S. JAX ever going to do anything?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is S. JAX ever going to do anything??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:22 pm

jlfn56 wrote:thank you for those of you willing to help....but for you others saying that it was stupid to post this thread, why do we even have these forums in the first place??? I realize that jax isn't doing poorly, but I just haven't seen any rams games and wanted to know if he looked good or not..... if you don't like the thread just don't click on it.......but I really do appreciate those of you willing to help. Thank you

While I don't disagree with any single thing you said, there are certainly better thread titles when you're looking for legitimate information than the one you gave, which comes off as purely venting to casual readers.

Also, there is tons of other useful information on this already in the several other threads asking the same question.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mrblitz » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:01 pm

I am starting to become a little concerned too. I like him alot this year. I hope he turns it around soon.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby maddog60 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:37 pm

knapplc wrote:If any player isn't producing top numbers of course the owners are going to be asking questions.

That's the point, he is producing top numbers. Without a single TD yet, he's still top 1 in just about any format (except TD heavy leagues).

What people need to keep in mind this early in the season is that TDs are not reliable for any RB, and this early in the year they heavily skew the rankings. I remember Portis having a drought early last year, but winning many people's playoffs. The key hear is that 100+ yards is perfectly exceptable from a #1 RB. If anyone is counting on more than 10 points from their RB each week, then you did not build a team around that 1st round pick.

Consider that he's on pace for 2051 total yards, and that if he keeps that pace and never scores a TD thats enough fantasy points that he would've been a top 10 RB last year, the year before, and 13th based on the 2003 stats. (I'm using the most standard scoring format to gauge this). That tells me he is living up to 1st round potential. Even 6-8 TDs with that yardage total would throw him into the running for top 5.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MrTwo94 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 pm

He's doing better than Tiki Barber whom it seems like everyone here except for me had ranked above Jackson. So life could be worse. Look on the bright side, Linehan seems to be living up to his promise of feeding Jackson the ball. I had him ranked #4 on the hope that he would see something like 68 carries in the first three games. If I were to be given a choice between him getting 68 carries and no TD's in the first three games or 42 carries and 3 TD's, I'd choose the 68 carries. It is a better indicator of the things to come than the lack of TD's. Look at Rudi Johnson's splits from last year before you start freaking out about TD's early in the season. Touches are more important than TD's at this point.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5548/splits;_ylt=ApGR1KbDEIyWqjlcXmfg68f.uLYF?year=2005
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk