Rebounding from 0-3 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rebounding from 0-3

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:06 pm

moochman wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Let's see your team. It may be best to cut bait. Can you trade for draft picks in your league? I've built for next year when I had a good but unlucky team before.

8 Teams, Standard Scoring (no PPR) Start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, IK, 1D/ST:

QB: Warner, Bulger
RB: Alexander, Bush, McGahee, Parker
WR: Harrison, Holt, M. Jones, R. Smith, Stallworth
TE: Heap, Watson
K: Akers
D/ST: Buffalo, Philly

I'm gonna drop Buffalo (Thanks for Nothin' Ladies :-P ) and R. Smith's on thin ice too.

Looks like an OK Squad on Paper, but it's just not translating into points/wins.

Probably doesn't help that through three weeks my Points against average is 111/game.

Your scoring average is the key to your panic level. You have a high scoring team so the wins will come. Before you dump the Bills remember that they are at home against the Mia and Tenn in weeks 15 & 16. Buffalo is no place to play that time of year. Could be golden D for the playoffs. I might want to consider trading for a QB upgrade. GL dude.

I'm averaging about 90 points a game, but were it not for a couple bad lineup decisions on my part (like sitting FWP yesterday) that would be a good 10 points a game higher. Part of the problem is that the past two weeks my opponent has put up 117 and 122. I also really need SA to get going (which likely ain't gonna happen for at least a couple more weeks.)

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:22 pm

I'm 0-3 in my competitive money league. Also in the same boat with SA and Bulger underproducing. But I'm not too worried. It's a 10 team league and 8 teams make the playoffs.

Two years ago the guy that won this league started off 0-7. Yup. 0-7 and he won the who sha-bang. The year before that, the guy that won the league started off 1-5. And last year the guy who won the league started off 2-5. Last year I went 11-2 and lost in the first round. So it pays to start slow in this league.

But anyone who is 0-3 should not panic. Like a previous poster said, you're only a game or two out of the last playoff spot right now. And everyone in front of you will lose.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moose162 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:46 pm

I know I'm not out yet but I'm down at 0-3. What do you guys think I should do with this team? We start 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 te, 1 k, and 1 defense.

QB: Bulger, Grossman, Favre (just picked him up out of desperateness)

RB: S. Jackson, C. Taylor, C. Dillon, R. Droughns

WR: C. Johnson, R. Wayne, J. Galloway, Colston, J. Cotchery

TE: T. Gonzalez, Colston

K: Wilkins

D: Philadelphia, San Diego

While I have played some of the highest scoring teams, I've only scored 72, 95, and 82 points in the three weeks in a standard scoring yahoo league. I thought I was definitely a playoff contender but my team is not putting up points and I can't figure out what to do. Help is really appreciated and I will help in return.
moose162
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kingctb27 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:06 pm

I'm 1-2 and I'm not the least bit worried.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby petedog9 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:19 pm

Its a long season my man and your team will turn around. I love my squad but they are underacheivig to date and I am 1-2 myself.. I know I will be there in the end though. Do not panic on make hasty moves after only 3 weeks. Thats for the other guy to do. Stay the course, your squad will get it together. Its a solid bunch..

Here is my 1-2 squad... 10 team (3man keeper) :-o
Warner / C-Pepp
LT / LJ / Green /
T.O. / S. Smith / Galloway / Ward / Bennett
Witten / Watson

I am 1-2 but alot of byes and injuries are hopefully behind me and its time to go on a run... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:22 pm

All you have to do is make the playoffs and it's a whole new ballgame where you could end up on top. You could always catch a wildcard berth too which means you may not need to have the greatest record... just the second best in your division.

I have little respect for any fantasy owners who "pack it up" before the season is over. If you want to give up, at least set your lineups the rest of the season and play it straight. Throwing games for draft picks would cause me to toss an owner out of my league.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:26 pm

DrSpackle wrote:I'm not too worried. It's a 10 team league and 8 teams make the playoffs.

Forgive me for saying so, but what's the point of the 16 week regular season in that league?
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:33 pm

saundman2000 wrote:
DrSpackle wrote:I'm not too worried. It's a 10 team league and 8 teams make the playoffs.

Forgive me for saying so, but what's the point of the 16 week regular season in that league?

LOL!! You got me. We have a lazy commish who didn't want to try and figure out how to give top playoff seeds a bye week. The league was originally 12 teams, but two guys backed out. The commish already set the league settings and just didn't want to change it.

Not much a reason, but it's all I got. I'm not complaining being as I'm 0-3 and the worst team in the league right now.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:08 pm

Well, just when I thought things couldn't get any worse SA goes down for a month. :~(

OK, now I'm panicking.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Posse » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:54 pm

Stelly wrote:I started 8-0 last year, and never won another game.

This year (roster in my signature below), I'm 0-3. I think I have a good roster, I just keep leaving points on my bench (Favre weeks 2 and 3, Parker week 3).

I benched Parker for Gore also. :~(
Posse
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk