What's Chris Chambers' status??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What's Chris Chambers' status???

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's Chris Chambers' status???

Postby Whassup » Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:13 pm

Is Chambers going to play against Buffalo this week? If so, with Fiedler out, is Chambers even worth starting? I also have Donte' Stallworth (vs 49ers) who is hurting as well. The rest of my receivers are as follows:

Torry Holt vs Seattle
Qadry Ismail vs Steelers
Andre Davis vs Houston

Should I stick with the healthy guys, who haven't been producing lately (as if Chambers has been...) or take a chance on the hurting receivers?
Whassup

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Wed Oct 16, 2002 1:32 pm

I say stick to your healthy WRs. The following was the best info I could find on Chambers/Stallworth...

Chris Chambers - WR, Miami Dolphins Oct. 16, 12:25 p.m.
The crack Chambers took from Denver’s Kenoy Kennedy in the Sunday night game made Samari Rolle’s hit on Mark Brunell look like a love tap. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dolphins held Chambers out this week to get him three solid weeks (with Miami’s Week 8 bye) of recovery time. It’s a great matchup (at home against Buffalo), but Chambers doesn’t figure to be 100 percent and he’ll be without quarterback Jay Fiedler.

Donte' Stallworth - WR, New Orleans Saints Oct. 16, 12:30 p.m.
It’s time to start worrying about Stallworth’s troublesome hamstring. He hasn’t played since Week 4, and that we haven’t heard much about his progress should be seen as a bad sign. As always, check back with us for any new reports, but be wary of starting him the next few weeks. The Saints have other capable receivers, and their next three opponents -- San Francisco, Atlanta and Carolina -- defense the pass well.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:09 pm

Looks as if Slow & I have the same fantasy source,this is what I heard also.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Whassup » Wed Oct 16, 2002 3:14 pm

Thanks Slowkidz! By the way... where did you find the updated info???
Whassup

Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:39 pm

ancient chinese secret...

no seriously, TSN. They always has good daily info. Unless GP has another ancient chinese secret for info....
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Guttpuppy » Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:33 pm

What's TSN ?...No,seriously,I remember The Sporting News when it was just a paper,no internet then.They have very good player updates thru the day,and a decent fantasy page.I personally don't agree with their so called "experts"& player rankings all the time though.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:15 pm

True, I don't agree too often with the pros either. But their Injury report and news items are up to date, which is very helpful.

Careful GP...You're starting to show your age there....

"Back in my day, we didn't have the Internet. If you wanted sports scores, why you'd have to run uphill 20 miles in the snow, both ways, just to get to your neighbors house and ask him if he'd heard anything. I tell ya, it was a marathon around here by the 2 minute warning!"
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Guttpuppy » Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:54 pm

LMAO :-D that's funny,uphill both ways,the ol' classic.Actually,it "was" the 70's & I remember my grandfather having TSN laying around.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Football Talk