Brett Favre - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brett Favre

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brett Favre

Postby Stelly » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:22 am

So, after the past 2 weeks (even against week defenses), is Brett Favre a legitimate Fantasy player? I've had him on my bench the past 2 weeks, and it's cost me games.

I know he picked on some poor pass D's, but he even struggled against weak Ds and the end of last year. It's going to be hard to kep this guy on the bench much longer...
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:43 am

He's good but risky. If you're in a league that rewards yardage on the lines of 25/pt or lower then he looks like a good start against all/most defenses. The TDs will come in bunches, but they'll be passing most games. Expect 1-2 INTs against good teams, but a bunch of yards in all games.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jnjtk555 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:49 am

Except for the next game against the eagles, i think you start him the next few after that, surely against the rams and dolphins. With the packers; he is there offense pretty much; the defense continues to yields multiple TDs a game so brett will have to keep his team in the game.
"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart and lean not to thine understanding"
jnjtk555
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:02 am

Favre should continue to be a great spot starter. He seems to be moving in the pocket more which has cut down on his sacks and INTs. Probably seeing the field better and avoiding throwing to defenders.
The Pack are committed to running the ball, and the duo of Driver and Jennings looks pretty tough. Favre could re-establish himself as a viable FF QB.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby 505ponies » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:22 pm

To me its all about matchups and he has some good one still this year. He is 5th in scoring in our league only behind the Mannings, Mcnabb, and Palmer.
A fool and his money are soon parted. I would pay anyone a lot of money to explain that to me.
505ponies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kellys Heroes » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:28 pm

No one really ever said that Farve can't put up the FF #s.. Just in Real Football; he washed up..
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 505ponies » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:54 pm

Kellys Heroes wrote:No one really ever said that Farve can't put up the FF #s.. Just in Real Football; he washed up..

That's a little harsh. I think there are SEVERAL teams that would love to have him.
A fool and his money are soon parted. I would pay anyone a lot of money to explain that to me.
505ponies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Chaucer » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:14 pm

505ponies wrote:
Kellys Heroes wrote:No one really ever said that Farve can't put up the FF #s.. Just in Real Football; he washed up..

That's a little harsh. I think there are SEVERAL teams that would love to have him.

Off the top of my head, he'd probably start immediately in Oakland, Tennessee, Tampa Bay (even before Simms went down), and Kansas City. He'd be an improvement over a bunch of other QBs who currently hold starting jobs.
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk