Tatum Bell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Tatum Bell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tatum Bell

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:48 am

What do you all think about Tatum Bell from here on? I know Shanny is impossible to read, but it looks like he's giving the load to Tatum for now. 27 carries on the road is about double what Tatum usually sees, and Tatum looked very solid yesterday. Where would you rank Tatum among RBs from here on?
Image
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5033
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On the button

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:04 am

I would rank him as a Bronco RB. He may very well get 6 carries next game.

I would need to see him featured and do well for at least one more game before I re-evaluate his projections.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:12 am

From Rotoworld:

09/25/06 10:29 AM
THE NEWS
Broncos running back Tatum Bell carried the ball a career-high 27 times in Sunday night's win over the Patriots. He gained 123 yards. Tatum and Mike Bell split duties in the first two games, but head coach Mike Shanahan gave Tatum the full reins in week three. "I just had a feeling Tatum had earned that right for the way he played against Kansas City (in Week 2)," Shanahan told the team's official web site. "He showed me a lot of maturity."
Our View
Are the Shanahanigans finally over? The Broncos were always worried about how Tatum would stand up after his first 10 carries, but he looked pretty good last night. At the risk of sounding too excited, the last time Shanahan waited until week three to crown a sole runner was in 2002, when he handed the gig to rookie Clinton Portis. We don't have to remind you how that worked out.
Image
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5033
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On the button

Postby BigMusky » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:26 am

I dropped Mike Bell last week, and some idiot responded by dropping Tatum Bell. Well, now I have to cross my fingers that he clears waivers to me, but I dont like my chances. Find out tomorrow morning.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1258
Joined: 17 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "Milla-walk-ay"

Postby Goody » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:14 pm

Tatum looked really good yesterday and was able to handle the full load on the road. Is it me, or does he look a lot like Portis did in his rookie season when Shannahan finally gave Portis the starting job? I see big things for Tatum and believe he will be the main man in Denver barring any injuries or fumbling problems. Try to nab him now while his value is still lower. ;-D
Image
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2413
Joined: 23 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:16 pm

Goody wrote:Tatum looked really good yesterday and was able to handle the full load on the road. Is it me, or does he look a lot like Portis did in his rookie season when Shannahan finally gave Portis the starting job? I see big things for Tatum and believe he will be the main man in Denver barring any injuries or fumbling problems. Try to nab him now while his value is still lower. ;-D


Too late to grab him now...

After 123 yards on 27 carries there arent going to be many owners that are going to let him go cheap. I know im not.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:21 pm

Thanks for responding GSOE. I just got someone to bite on giving me Tatum for Ahman. as of now it's an even trade, but I think Tatum has much more upside.
Image
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5033
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On the button

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:34 pm

Lucky7 wrote:Thanks for responding GSOE. I just got someone to bite on giving me Tatum for Ahman. as of now it's an even trade, but I think Tatum has much more upside.


Wow. I just traded A Green for T Bell too.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 821
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: atop Vail riding 3 ft of powder

Postby Lucky7 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:06 pm

DrSpackle wrote:
Lucky7 wrote:Thanks for responding GSOE. I just got someone to bite on giving me Tatum for Ahman. as of now it's an even trade, but I think Tatum has much more upside.


Wow. I just traded A Green for T Bell too.


So, how do you feel about the trade? Any buyer's remorse? I'm waiting for the other to accept it formally. We agreed to the deal verbally.
Image
Lucky7
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5033
(Past Year: 54)
Joined: 18 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On the button

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:25 pm

Lucky7 wrote:
DrSpackle wrote:
Lucky7 wrote:Thanks for responding GSOE. I just got someone to bite on giving me Tatum for Ahman. as of now it's an even trade, but I think Tatum has much more upside.


Wow. I just traded A Green for T Bell too.


So, how do you feel about the trade? Any buyer's remorse? I'm waiting for the other to accept it formally. We agreed to the deal verbally.


I'm fine with the trade. I already had Mike Bell and I made the trade early last week before Tatum was named the primary back. I made the trade because I knew Shanny wouldn't go with the 50/50 split much longer. So I am really stoked about the trade now!

You are 110% dead on saying Tatum has more upside. I think it's an even trade but as the season plays out, Tatum should put up better numbers than Green.
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 821
Joined: 15 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: atop Vail riding 3 ft of powder

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 8:13 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact