Chad Johnson, Housh and C. Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Johnson, Housh and C. Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby fun » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:25 pm

Matthias wrote:
FatFoot wrote:That's always the first indictment when people see a good lineup. They say your league is populated by idiots, and presume that they could win it as a result. :-t

Word.

Can we create a bonehead or pre-school icon for everyone who does this? This, maybe?

Even putting aside the possibility of a keeper (which, per Saundman, is the case here), there's all sorts of things that can happen: runs in drafts, different scoring systems, different starting requirements, good late-round pickups that get traded for underperforming studs, etc., etc., that make strong lineups possible, even in a deep, knowledgable league. I am so utterly sick of the, "Well, then you must play in a weak league" bushwah.

dude, get a grip and stop taking this so seriously. it's a game, not life and death. ;-7
fun
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bklik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:26 pm

Crystalstorm wrote:
FatFoot wrote:That's always the first indictment when people see a good lineup. They say your league is populated by idiots, and presume that they could win it as a result. :-t

I only speak the truth.You must be in the other guys league,and have LT,Rudi Johnson,Holt and Fitzgerald along with Peyton Manning as your starting QB.

Your statement has nothing to do with the post.

Neither does your statement. We do need an 'M' icon, for Moron.

I was actually really worried about CJ, but its good to hear that he was being tripled covered, and that led to the stellar performances by Housh and Henry.

btw In our most competitive leauge I own CJ, Holt, Caddy, and TO, and McNabb. All it cost me was my 1st overall pick.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:13 pm

Actually, from what I saw, Chad Johnson was open on several occasions and Palmer did not get him the ball. This might have been after Henry and housh burned them and Pitt decided to roll some coverage their way.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:46 pm

In my opinion Re-draft wise, Henry is a good #3 and poor #2 because Cinci has lots of options in there offense and there just wont be enough catches for Henry on a week-to-week basis, but any time theres a sign of injury or discontent from Hous or Chad, hes a must start, and I like to play him also on weeks after Chad puts up lots of points, or theres a good matchup.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:21 pm

Lets take a look at the 04 colts since they really are the best comparison and who had the good-great games.

Week 1 vs NE Stokley and Harrison
Ten Wayne and Harrison
GB Stokley and Wayne
Jax stokley and Harrison
Oak-nobody
Jax stokley and Harrison
KC Harrison and Wayne
Minnesota Harrison
Houston Stokley
Chicago Wayne
Detroit Stokley and Harrison
Tenn Everyone
Hou Wayne and harrison
Bal Wayne and Harrison
Sand Diego Stokley
Is there any sort of Trend? I'd say that the no. 1 and 2 guys did best against the poor defenses, especially those with poor corners. Stokley did best vs. Defenses like Jax and Detroit, SD, GB. All these teams have one good corner (Rashean Mathis, Dre Bly, Al Harris, Quentin Jammer) and maybe a good safety, but not a complete secondary. Whereas stokley really struggles vs. the deep secondaries of Minny, chicago and Baltimore. His other poor games Vs Houston, Ten, Oak, KC can correspond with big games by the other two receivers. Seems like the ideal matchup for the number 3 receiver is against a decent secondary capable of containing the top 2 guys, but leaving the 3rd guy open. If the D is too weak then the other receivers just take all the looks.

How this relates to chris henry-much the same way as stokley, but Henry is much more talented and versatile. He can probably be more consistent than stokley and would likely do better against the deep secondaries. He will still do great when he faces an easy nickle back and CJ/housh face tougher CBs.

Upcoming matchups for Cincy:
Patriots-decent games from all (this is a deep yet unspectacular secondary)
Bucs-Housh and Henry
Panthers- No one (CJ if anyone, this is a great secondary)
Falcons- Housh and Henry
Ravens-not a great matchup (Henry if anyone)
Chargers-CJ, Housh (a weak overall secondary)
Saints- CJ, Housh (again, weak)
Browns- CJ, Housh (pretty weak)
Ravens- See above
Colts- All. This is a shootout
Broncos- Henry and Housh
Steelers- Henry and Housh.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:32 pm

[quote="saundman2000"]Sorry man. Pitt like quadruple teamed Chad Johnson on Sunday.[\quote]

if you watched the game, you would know that this statement was completely false. chad johnson was one-on-one almost all day with Ike Taylor, who has become one of the best corners in the league. problem is the steelers dont have enough depth in the secondary to cover all 3 of the bengals' receivers. the bengals do have the best group of receivers in the league. its gonna be hard for any team to match up against them.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk