M Jones-Drew - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

M Jones-Drew

Moderator: Football Moderators

Maurice Jones-Drew?

Postby The Jury » Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:53 pm

Any thoughts about his production beyond this week?

He's caught, rushed, and returned kicks today for some big numbers...
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Football Fan » Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:13 pm

If Fragile Fred goes down, he's gonna be a stud.

I'm getting him in both of my leagues now ;-D
Football Fan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:32 pm

The kid is already a stud. I picked him in the last round of my deep league specifically because of Fragile Fred's rep. But Jones-Drew is an awesome runner. he reminds me of james Brooks. He's got a real low center of gravity, and great quickness. So despite his 5-7 207 frame, he's actually pretty powerful because he;s a small target with great balance. This kid is gonna be special, and if Freddy goes down, he will be a top 10 back for sure. If you get the chance, you need to check out some of the runs he had today. He breaks at least 3 tackles every time he touched the ball. Watch out for Maurice Jones-Drew...
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:43 am

I added Jones-Drew to my roster after week 1 because I assumed F.Taylor would go down at some point. Hopefully I will be able to move him and upgrade my team.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

M Jones-Drew

Postby markspe34 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:26 am

How do you all feel about this guy for the remainder of the season? is he worth a pickup? tiki has a bye week next week and i'm looking for someone to start, do you think after this week's good performance he could get enough carries to warrent a start next week?
markspe34
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: M Jones-Drew

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:30 am

markspe34 wrote:How do you all feel about this guy for the remainder of the season? is he worth a pickup? tiki has a bye week next week and i'm looking for someone to start, do you think after this week's good performance he could get enough carries to warrent a start next week?

No, but if you have the bench room, he'll be good insurance when Fragile Fred gets hurt.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Re: M Jones-Drew

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:33 am

mysticphysh wrote:
markspe34 wrote:How do you all feel about this guy for the remainder of the season? is he worth a pickup? tiki has a bye week next week and i'm looking for someone to start, do you think after this week's good performance he could get enough carries to warrent a start next week?

No, but if you have the bench room, he'll be good insurance if Fragile Fred gets hurt.

Fixed that for ya....he's not as injury prone as people think. I think he'll stay healthy all year which will limit Drew's value significantly.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby 505ponies » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:27 pm

I think he is worth owning but I don't know if he is a great start. he gets a fair amount of touches and looks good running with the ball. If it does not cost you anything but a roster spot to take a chance on him, I say do it. but expecting big things next week might be asking to much.
A fool and his money are soon parted. I would pay anyone a lot of money to explain that to me.
505ponies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:29 pm

He's the RB version of Chris Henry. Worth a roster spot because he will give you a few points in his current situation, and be worthy of a start if someone ahead of him gets hurt.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby jesuscakes » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:40 pm

terpfan wrote:He's the RB version of Chris Henry. Worth a roster spot because he will give you a few points in his current situation, and be worthy of a start if someone ahead of him gets hurt.
You don't spend a second round pick on a backup RB if you are the Jaguars. Jones-Drew was brought in to share carries and return kicks/punts and that is what he will start doing. I wouldn't start him against a good tackling team like the Ravens or Bears though because he will be taken down quick and perform poorly.
jesuscakes
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk