Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby HailToTheSkins » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:28 pm

should i drop samkon gado for this guy?
HailToTheSkins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:16 pm

HailToTheSkins wrote:should i drop samkon gado for this guy?

I wouldn't. Ron Dayne is much more likely to lose his job than Fred Taylor IMO. Unless you wanna pray for rain (and an injury) Gado looks more likely to become a fantasy starter at some point compared to Drew. I would dump a number of other players currently on rosters for Drew if he was available though.

I added Drew to my roster in every single league he was available after the Greg Jones injury. This guy is multi-facted clear cut backup that will become an every week start IF Fred Taylor were to go down. Chris Perry part 2 minus the triple hernia.
Much rather have Drew than a guy like Kevan Barlow.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Re: M Jones-Drew

Postby 505ponies » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:26 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
markspe34 wrote:How do you all feel about this guy for the remainder of the season? is he worth a pickup? tiki has a bye week next week and i'm looking for someone to start, do you think after this week's good performance he could get enough carries to warrent a start next week?

No, but if you have the bench room, he'll be good insurance if Fragile Fred gets hurt.

Fixed that for ya....he's not as injury prone as people think. I think he'll stay healthy all year which will limit Drew's value significantly.

Not injury prone? I will give you that he did not miss a game in 2003 and 2002 but he did miss 7 games the last two years. Plus, over his career he has missed 4 games per season or 25% per year.
A fool and his money are soon parted. I would pay anyone a lot of money to explain that to me.
505ponies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:43 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:
markspe34 wrote:How do you all feel about this guy for the remainder of the season? is he worth a pickup? tiki has a bye week next week and i'm looking for someone to start, do you think after this week's good performance he could get enough carries to warrent a start next week?

No, but if you have the bench room, he'll be good insurance when Fragile Fred gets hurt.

Fixed that for ya....he's not as injury prone as people think. I think he'll stay healthy all year which will limit Drew's value significantly.

I refixed it. In 9 years, he's had 2 years he played the full 16 game schedule. :-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:16 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:

No, but if you have the bench room, he'll be good insurance if Fragile Fred gets hurt.

Agreed
Formerly known as kanezfan11
MMoNeY24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:31 pm

I think for now, the kid is gonna get 10-15 carries a game along with 3-5 receptions. If your league gives points for KR yards, he could be a good bye-fill/flex-option. Yardage totals will really hinge on who he's playing. Indy's D is no slouch and he had impressive totals, so he can be a force even with Freddy in the lineup.

For now though, he is only a matchup play against bad defenses. This week against Washington, he belongs on your bench. But if he has a nice matchup, don't hesitate to use him over guys like Kevin barlow or lamont jordan...
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:14 am

Blitzburgh2001 wrote:I think for now, the kid is gonna get 10-15 carries a game along with 3-5 receptions. If your league gives points for KR yards, he could be a good bye-fill/flex-option. Yardage totals will really hinge on who he's playing. Indy's D is no slouch and he had impressive totals, so he can be a force even with Freddy in the lineup.

For now though, he is only a matchup play against bad defenses. This week against Washington, he belongs on your bench. But if he has a nice matchup, don't hesitate to use him over guys like Kevin barlow or lamont jordan...

I'm sorry but 13-20 touches per game plus KR yardage seems extremely high for predictions. I don't think he'll get those kind of touches on a weekly basis, Freddy is the man there right now, Drew wont take much from Freddy while he's healthy and playing well.

And Indy's defense is awful against the run, I'm not sure what you're talking about. After 3 games, Indianapolis is 28th against the run allowing 161.7 rushing yards per game and they have by far the highest ypc allowed of any team (5.3 ypc, .5 more than the next team). Drew had his big game against one of the league's worst run defenses.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Midnight_Toker » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:23 am

He's not a real big guy either at 5'7, 205 (supposedly) Taylor's still healthy, but Drew is still a change of pace back at this point. If he can keep producing with what limited touches he gets ... then yeah, try to pick him up I say.
Midnight_Toker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk