Shockey rips the coaches - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shockey rips the coaches

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shockey rips the coaches

Postby stomperrob » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:04 pm

Shockey was none too happy with the Giants' coaching staff after yesterday's debacle in Seattle, blaming them for not being prepared for all the different looks the Seahawks were giving them:
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story ... 3382c.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:16 pm

you know, I hate the guy, but he seems to be right. The Giants were not prepared for the Eagles, and definitely not for the Hawks. I'm not taking anything away from the Giants when they played Philly, they earned it etc. But there were a lot of things that had to go their way, not just executing. You simply can't go down those kinds of margins and expect to win on a weekly basis. They are getting knocked around, and they were creamed in the playoffs. At what point is it the scheme?

And it could get worse before it gets better. They have to play Atlanta and Skins the next two games. They find themselves in anymore of a hole, and I think they will start to fray.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby josebach » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:25 pm

All he said was that they were outplayed and outcoached. Watch the video, it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2601690

Of course because Shockey is Shockey, the media spins it and tries to make it more of a story than it actually is.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby terpfan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:28 pm

josebach wrote:All he said was that they were outplayed and outcoached. Watch the video, it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

Of course because Shockey is Shockey, the media spins it and tries to make it more of a story than it actually is.

I think you are probably right for the most part. But he still shouldnt have said it. He especially shouldnt have made such a big deal that he was saying "we got outcoached" in particular.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby shagworth » Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:45 pm

Didnt Tiki say the same thing last year in the playoffs about the Giants being outcoached. Seems like the players dont like whats going on there.

And whats up with TEs running their mouths this year?
shagworth
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:10 pm

josebach wrote:All he said was that they were outplayed and outcoached. Watch the video, it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

That is the part he needs to be paying attention to.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Mugrila » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:15 pm

shagworth wrote:And whats up with TEs running their mouths this year?

Must be the new diva position. Can't really blame Shockey as much as the media, but he still should keep those comments private imo.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:39 pm

well, I don't think he should. I think its a two way street. That is why I love Reid so much, even though he is infuriating sometimes with his stubborness. He never says "we got outplayed." He says "I didn't put them in a position to make plays and win the game."

Of course, you know damn well he rips people behind closed doors. But if you want it one way, you better do it the same way. Frankly, I don't think Big Tom is going to have more of a shelf life than the plaxico, eli, shockey core, nor should it. This is a team that was suppossed to be a super bowl contender, and it is starting off games woefully behind. Its not all the players, and I don't her coughlin taking any credit or blame for the playoff loss, or this loss. Shockey is a freaking a-hole a lot of times, but that doesn't mean he is off-base here.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:20 pm

I agree with Shockey. A team like the New York Giant's have no business being on the end of a 42-3 beatdown stick. Try running Tiki Barber Coughlin, he's kinda good.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Wesley Walker » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:44 pm

Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. If you watched the game, you saw Shockey having his tantrum on the sideline, and you saw his teammates rolling their eyes at him. They're all in it together. But his immaturity seems to be a distraction, not just as the press puts their spin on it, but on the sideline, during the game.

It's a team sport. It's not all about him. He'll figure it out eventually.
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Football Talk