Shockey rips the coaches - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shockey rips the coaches

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:47 pm

josebach wrote:All he said was that they were outplayed and outcoached. Watch the video, it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2601690

Of course because Shockey is Shockey, the media spins it and tries to make it more of a story than it actually is.

There's more to it than just the "outcoached" I didn't watch that video, but he also said....

"I think when Eli gets to call his plays, get his formations, I think we play better football, when he gets to decide a little bit more than just the set play and then you get to go for it," Shockey said. "But you can't play always in a no-huddle situation."

Why not?

"You've got to go by their plays," Shockey said. "They're the coaches. They get paid money. They call the plays. Every coach out there is trying to help everybody to move the ball and help his team win. You can't just go out of no-huddle all the time."

That's a round-about stab at the coaching. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:59 pm

I think that Schokey isn't the best venue for this, or perhaps he is.

But why do coaches insist on forcing personnel to play a style the coach likes, rather than making a system that caters to the players they do have? It's like until this year putting vick in the west coast offense.

I fail to see how its anything but coaching or general management for that team. They made all of these defensive acquisitions in the off season, and teams are pissing on that defense. They traded to get eli (a steep price I might add), picked up plax, and looked to really make strides this year.

what else could it be? you can't blame this on the players. Granted the points yesterday were largely junk time, but I fail to see how its all "execution" and not philosophy.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Chaucer » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:00 pm

Shockey is a jerk, Plax is a jerk, that team has zero respect for Coughlin, and I don't see where they go from here. They have a brutal sched, they are VERY lucky not to be 0-3, oh, and the defense has been atrocious.

Wish I'd taken the under on Giants wins this year...

Oh, and by the way, I probably should not have picked Tiki at #4 in one of my drafts... :-t
Chaucer
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:58 pm

that's the rub right there. They have wash next, away at atlanta, at cowboys, thena reprieve with tampa bay, hosuton, then they play chicago, at jax,. Then they still have remaining games versus philly, carolina, boys. That is a lot of eminently losable games.

I think this is going to be a problem for this team. Maybe not, but a few more losses and you could have a mutiny. And a few more losses with their defense so far looks very possible.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mrblitz » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:59 pm

I love it, being an Eagles fan. I think Shockey should probably keep his mouth shut, at the same time I think he's right.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby MMoNeY24 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 4:21 pm

He does have a valid arguement with the team better off with Eli calling plays as Eli was calling the shots against Philly at the end and in this game, but I need more evidence that the coaches don't know what they're doing.

Also, I think the players should calm down and realize that the East is still totally up for grabs with it being this early. The Eagles' two wins came from Houston and the 9'ers (brrr) and no other team has stood out yet. Lets just let a few more weeks go by, letting the games unfold, before we knock people out of a division seperated by 1 game.
Formerly known as kanezfan11
MMoNeY24
Water Boy
Water Boy

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eaglesrule » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:23 pm

well let's be serious though. I tip my hats to you guys and Eli for that win, but the eagles most definitely looked good against you and totally stomped you for most of the game. It took a totally fluky fumble, a stupid penalty, a missed field goal, reid stuffing his head in his arse AND good play by the Giants. That is a lot of variables to go right.

Considering that prior to an injury laden last year, the eagles were the beasts, no donovan actually has weapons, I think the giants out to get off the schneid and start producing in quarters 1-3. I think they can and probably will, but with the Giants schedule coming up, I'm telling you, this thing can spiral. Kind of like the season where Westbrook ran back the punt on you guys. (Karma's funny like that I guess)
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby awwchrist » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:31 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I agree with Shockey. A team like the New York Giant's have no business being on the end of a 42-3 beatdown stick. Try running Tiki Barber Coughlin, he's kinda good.

Considering Tiki was ripping off 7-9 yards every other run...

totally agree.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Peacesells » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:27 pm

I find it kinda funny that Shockey feels comfortable enuff to speak his mind considering the 2 games I've watched them play this season he has dropped several passes that have hit his hands. He needs to start looking inward. Maybe he doesn't get the rock because his QB doesn't have a tremendous amount of confidence in him.

If you really watch the QB play carefully you will notice that Eli only attempts the tough throws to Toomer. Toomer is the only WR on that team comes through on a consistent basis. Funny how he is the only one that isnt a prima donna.

Peace
PLEASE RATE MY AUCTION DRAFT. CLICK BELOW.
viewtopic.php?t=340649
Peacesells
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby matmat » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:39 pm

trade plax for porter...
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach