Shockey rips the coaches - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shockey rips the coaches

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby spodog » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:41 pm

terpfan wrote:
josebach wrote:All he said was that they were outplayed and outcoached. Watch the video, it's nowhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2601690

Of course because Shockey is Shockey, the media spins it and tries to make it more of a story than it actually is.

I think you are probably right for the most part. But he still shouldnt have said it. He especially shouldnt have made such a big deal that he was saying "we got outcoached" in particular.[/

Why shouldn't he? How many times have we all heard a coach say "we were just out-played" or "we just didn't execute". Aren't these calling out the players for their responsibilities?

Shockey is a passionate guy and he's calling this one right. I think it's fine that he makes a "we got out-coached" comment.

Not many coaches will step up to the podium tomorrow and respond with a "yes, he's right, we were outcocahed" since they are paranoid about job security and fear they will be perceived as not being in control, but that is BS anyway.

The Giants were severely outcoached and the only reason they started to put up scores in the 2nd half was the SEA defensive coaches and players were way too soft and gave too much away to the Giants no huddle offense.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 pm

Shockey's a loudmouth, but in this instance I agree with him. This is becoming a very disturbing trend with the G-Men. Against good teams they come out flat and by the time they "wake up" they're down three scores. That, to me, smacks of bad preparation, which is on the coaching staff.

Add to that the fact that Old Man Harda** is a butthair away from losing control of that team and the Giants, who have the talent to make a run at the Super Bowl, are in very real danger of imploding completely.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk