real bizzare league rules here, and i need help! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

real bizzare league rules here, and i need help!

Moderator: Football Moderators

real bizzare league rules here, and i need help!

Postby zippytrash » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:03 pm

ok, so if you can help me out with a little advice on this, i will answer your question if you leave your link.

a roommate and i just signed up for this crazy league on saturday morning while we were watching some college football.
it's got all sorts of point categories on top of the usual ones, like PPR, passing attempts/completions/incompletions. 10/25 for the yardage, and the points rewarded for play made on defense by IDP's (which we have 3 starting) are very high... ie: int=6pts, td=12pts.
there are 8 teams,head-to-head, ther are only 5 bench spots, so ther are plenty of guys on the wire.

but here's the catch: every week, the 4 winners of each matchup gets to propose a 1-for-1 trade to the loser of their matchup that the loser must accept so long as the players involved are within 300 spots of each other on the yahoo actual rankings.

what i'm looking for is a little advice on how to go about those trades. this week, my team kicked booty b/c i drafted guys who tradtionally do well in PPR leagues, and i came out withthe highest score of the week. i see a few different options in what to do here.
1. do i offer the other owner trade that involves the best player on his team for the worst player i can squeeze under the limit?

2. i could offere him a deal that could possibly be a little more devastating to his team with the intent of crippling him from the beginning? say, for instance, he's only carrying one quarterback like either peyton or palmer, or one guy only has vick, that would force him to the waiver wire to begin playing the matchup game each week. crule? i know, but we all want to win here, right?

3. do i go for the guy who has the best matchup for the next week? since each loss is such ahuge blow for you team, one loss could be the result of many more to come if you team keeps getting picked at like a fruit tree. what i'm saying is...play for the short term, and dump my rook's like DeAngelo and addai for guys who will produce in week 4.

i know it's alot, but any advice is greatly appreciated. i'm not too sure how this league will shake out... but i thought it looked interesting, so i gave it a whirl.

here's my team:
QB: Eli
RB: Westbrook, W.Parker
WR: R.Wayne, T.J. housh
WR/RB flex: A.Green, C.Taylor
TE: Crump
K: Longwell
Def: Buffalo, Carolina
D: Z.Thomas, A.Wilson, W.Witherspoon
Bench: branch, addai, deangelo, S.moss, bledsoe

thanks again, and leave you link!
~zip
12 team, 0.5 PPR, 10yds rush/rec, 25 pass yd, 6 point TDs
1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1K, 1DEF/ST
QB: Vick, Freeman
WR: Marshall, Gaffney, Amendola, N.Washington, VJax
RB: Peterson, Foster, Charles, Portis
TE: Keller,
DEF: MIN
zippytrash
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Matthias » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:17 pm

wow. that's brutal.

i'd pillage him for his best player and then give up whatever you can squeeze under the limit. you want to play to win next week, but there's always a bit of uncertainty in playing matchups and if you win next week, you further strengthen your roster. if you lose, then you have another gem that someone might take and spare your other guys. with only 8 teams and a small bench, you're not going to crush him by taking his only good but not elite qb. there should be decent replacement value for him sitting as a free agent.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Infidel » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:37 pm

Take the best player at whatever you feel is your greatest position off need. You want to build the best and deepest team you can so that WHEN you lose it harms you the least.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:53 pm

Take his best player and trade him your worst. Sounds pretty straight forward to me. The only time I would deviate from that, is if you know hurting him will help your chances at winning the championship. In that case I would take the player that hurts HIS roster the most, and replace him with the player that helps him the least. 99% of the time I don't think it would an issue though and you should take BPA.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Shaman » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:28 pm

Trade bledsoe and upgrade at QB.
Shaman
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk