Bears--Seahawks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears--Seahawks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bears--Seahawks

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:53 pm

This is looking like a fantastic matchup next Sunday night at Soldier Field with the 2 unbeatens. A classic Offense vs. Defense matchup.

SHawks looked awfully tough yesterday, but a night game in Chicago, vs. Bears DEF will be very interesting.

Already can't wait for this one! ;-D
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:29 pm

I dont know. I dont want to sound like a bias packer fan here, but the bears have yet to beat a team that would be considered a superbowl contenter.

Yeah, the vikes looked good, but same thing. I think chicago has a pretty good team, will run away with the division this year, but I just dont see them going anywhere in the playoffs just yet. The problem is, that outside of seattle, and in a few weeks the Giants, they wont really be tested during the season.

I just cant see them going into the playoffs and beating a really good offensive team who also has a good defense. I dont know that I am ready to call chicagos offense great yet, they havent really played against a good defense, and against minnesota, the offense didnt look all that good. If not for a timely turnover late in the game, they lose to the vikes.

Anyway, got off on a rant there. I see seattle running away with this. They will do enough on defense to hold chicago under 17 points, and their offense can probably get at least 24 against just about anyone in the NFL

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:41 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:I dont know. I dont want to sound like a bias packer fan here, but the bears have yet to beat a team that would be considered a superbowl contenter.

Yeah, the vikes looked good, but same thing. I think chicago has a pretty good team, will run away with the division this year, but I just dont see them going anywhere in the playoffs just yet. The problem is, that outside of seattle, and in a few weeks the Giants, they wont really be tested during the season.

I just cant see them going into the playoffs and beating a really good offensive team who also has a good defense. I dont know that I am ready to call chicagos offense great yet, they havent really played against a good defense, and against minnesota, the offense didnt look all that good. If not for a timely turnover late in the game, they lose to the vikes.

Anyway, got off on a rant there. I see seattle running away with this. They will do enough on defense to hold chicago under 17 points, and their offense can probably get at least 24 against just about anyone in the NFL

First off, I don't see Bears giving up 24 points at home, esp. at night. I agree that the Bears offense is not great yet by any means, nor did I call them a SB team, though I do think this could be a NFC championship matchup with homefield poss. being a crucial determining factor. Bears are young, and are learning, under Rex to continue to improve on offense, and the running game has yet to flex its muscles. After laying an egg at home vs. Panthers last year in playoffs, I think team is looking for some redemption in a game like this.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:58 pm

Seattle is known not to play good on the road, it's a wonder if they will bring that first half carnage they put on the Giants, that mastered a 35-0 embarressing lead in the 2nd quarter.

If Alexander doesnt play it could be somewhat of a factor too, even though we all know its Seattle Passing game that will have to be stopped this year rather than the run.

4 WR sets with Burleson, DJAX, Branch and Engram...Ouch :-L:-L:-L:-L:-L
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby mrblitz » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:59 pm

I agree, should be an awesome game. I think the Bears come out on top.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby RugbyD » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:02 pm

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss da bearss

I know several people who are taking monday off work b/c they will be at the game sunday night. i wish i had an extra vaca day. should be a great game. to the packers fan, i think you under-rate the bears O. I don't say that b/c they are stellar by any means, but Grossman has been throwing crisp balls and leading receivers well. A respectable run game sets up plenty of PA.

and i just heard SA has a broken foot

da bearss
[b]Hermes[/b]: Just such the obstinancy that brought you here, to this self-willed calamitous anchorage.

[b]Prometheus[/b]: Be sure of this: when I set my misfortune against your slavery, I would not change.
RugbyD
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby daveblotto » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:22 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:I dont know. I dont want to sound like a bias packer fan here, but the bears have yet to beat a team that would be considered a superbowl contenter.

Guess what you sound like a BIASED Packer fan. Winning @ Minnesota is Never easy for any team. The Vikes are an improved team and they had beaten two quality teams in the NFC last time I checked. I'm not saying the Bears are the NFC's Superbowl Rep at this point, but they certainly have as legit a shot as anyone else in the NFC. Who should they be afraid of? Seattle? NYG? Philly? Seattle is still the team to beat IMHO and I thnk this game will be a good one. SA Hurt SUCKS for All fantasy players (Not me I had him LAST year on 2 teams) and for Seattle obviously. However, SA has NOT been a factor this year at all. They have been doing well without him and that just shows how good they really are. I am going to say Bears 24 Seattle 13. I'm sure this will come back to haunt me if it's not even close to that result. but oh well.
daveblotto
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:32 pm

Apparently SA is out with a broken foot. However, the Bears secondary is pretty mediocre and they still havent found the stride in their running game. Should be a pretty close game.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:37 pm

If I was a gambling man, I would've bet on the Bears against a healthy SA. I definitely think the Bears have this one, but it should be a good game.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ateam » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:55 am

I took a look at Da Bears schedule, and am here to state that they can actually go unbeaten this year. Outside of a 11/12 game in NYG, they should be favored in every game:

Sun 9/10 at Green Bay W 26-0
Sun 9/17 Detroit W 34-7
Sun 9/24 at Minnesota W 19-16
Sun 10/1 Seattle 8:15 pm
Sun 10/8 Buffalo 1:00 pm
Mon 10/16 at Arizona 8:30 pm
bye
Sun 10/29 San Francisco 1:00 pm
Sun 11/5 Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 11/12 at NY Giants 1:00 pm
Sun 11/19 at NY Jets 1:00 pm
Sun 11/26 at New England 1:00 pm