Bears--Seahawks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears--Seahawks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby JakeTrain72 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:12 am

I love what I am seeing from the BEARS and playing at Home in this game is what gives them a shot. Niether team has played any tough competition. (NYG can't be viewed as a good team when they drop touchdown passes and can't protect their QB).

The Bears have some O-Line issues to address before this game because Seattle has done a great job against the run and will need to control the clock and the field position. The Seahawks can score through the air if they can give Hasselbeck enough time and not turn the ball over. Rex needs to take another step forward if they want to win as well. Can't give this team anything, no INT's from your own goal, solid special teams, and something from the running game.

I haven't seen an early line but I doubt the Bears get more than 3 points. I'll take the Seahawks with 3+ points, give the win to the Bears straight up.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Heavyg25 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:20 am

Alkaholik wrote:Seattle is known not to play good on the road, it's a wonder if they will bring that first half carnage they put on the Giants, that mastered a 35-0 embarressing lead in the 2nd quarter.

If Alexander doesnt play it could be somewhat of a factor too, even though we all know its Seattle Passing game that will have to be stopped this year rather than the run.

4 WR sets with Burleson, DJAX, Branch and Engram...Ouch :-L:-L:-L:-L:-L

Not good on the road? They were the 6th best team on the road last year. Quit talking about stuff you know nothing about.

Morris is a capable back, its a wonder he wasn't signed by another team in the offseason. That offense will be fine. As you can see so far this year, its not the running game that you have to be the most concerned about. Then again, this is what makes the Seahawks so great. When you think you have them figured out and you try to stop the pass, then they blindside you with a heavy dose of the run and its all over.

I am not going to make any predictions because no one really knows what will happen so all I am going to say about this game is that both teams better bring their A games or it isn't going to be pretty. Both of these defenses are fun to watch, it should be a hard hitting game on both sides. I can't wait!
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:34 am

ateam wrote:I took a look at Da Bears schedule, and am here to state that they can actually go unbeaten this year. Outside of a 11/12 game in NYG, they should be favored in every game:

Sun 9/10 at Green Bay W 26-0
Sun 9/17 Detroit W 34-7
Sun 9/24 at Minnesota W 19-16
Sun 10/1 Seattle 8:15 pm
Sun 10/8 Buffalo 1:00 pm
Mon 10/16 at Arizona 8:30 pm
bye
Sun 10/29 San Francisco 1:00 pm
Sun 11/5 Miami 1:00 pm
Sun 11/12 at NY Giants 1:00 pm
Sun 11/19 at NY Jets 1:00 pm
Sun 11/26 at New England 1:00 pm
Sun 12/3 Minnesota 1:00 pm
Mon 12/11 at St. Louis 8:30 pm
Sun 12/17 Tampa Bay 1:00 pm
Sun 12/24 at Detroit 1:00 pm
Sun 12/31 Green Bay 1:00 pm

could this be the year Shula and the other oldies don't pop the cork?? :-D

yeah right...they will lose at least one game out East (three straight road games) and at least one in the next three as well (Minnesota/St Louis/Tampa)...but they could be undefeated going into the Giants game...win there and then choke against the Jets.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:56 am

Heavyg25 wrote:
Alkaholik wrote:Seattle is known not to play good on the road, it's a wonder if they will bring that first half carnage they put on the Giants, that mastered a 35-0 embarressing lead in the 2nd quarter.

If Alexander doesnt play it could be somewhat of a factor too, even though we all know its Seattle Passing game that will have to be stopped this year rather than the run.

4 WR sets with Burleson, DJAX, Branch and Engram...Ouch :-L:-L:-L:-L:-L

Not good on the road? They were the 6th best team on the road last year. Quit talking about stuff you know nothing about.

oh really, you sound like you havent been a seahawk fan for more than the past superbowl year, that or your just plain ignorant.

otherwise you would know in the past our weak link has always been going on the road. We have to fly quite a way everytime we go on the road since the closest team is about 1,000 miles away from us(San Fran).

Take a look at the last couple years on the road:

2005:
Home: 8-0
Road: 5-3 - hmmm, where's the weak link here?
Superbowl

2004:
Road: 4-4
Playoffs

2003:
Road: 2-6
Playoffs

I wouldnt call 50% or 33% on the road very "good" for a playoff team, and you can see our weak link when all 3 games we lost were on the road in 05'.

These were the 5 teams we beat on the road in 05':
St. Louis
Arizona
San Fran
Philly(no mcnabb, westbrook, TO)
Tennessee

-Those are some real quality teams we beat on the road.

and by the way, we were tied with 4 teams for 6th on the road, which could easily make us 6th through 9th. dont try to sugar coat it. Thanks
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:04 am

This is Seattle's toughest game, IMHO.
Beat Da Bears in Chicago!!!!!!!

That four WR set is brutal.
Draw plays to Mack Strong.
Smothering defense.

I'm with all those others who can't friggin' wait! ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:14 am

Could be a playoff preview.
Both teams should walk away with a pretty good idea of now they measure up.
I like the C-Hacks balance a little better. I think they can do more against DaBears D than vice-versa. Should be a real hard fought game.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:17 am

Nfl Fan wrote:This is Seattle's toughest game, IMHO.

Smothering defense.

You Betcha buddy! I wanna see us test that Bears Secondary, and they have givin up 80 or more yards on the ground the 1st 3 games from GB, DET and MIN....and i am betting even with Mo Mo we have a better offense than those 3 teams.

countin down.....only 128 hours until kickoff :-D
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:10 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:This is Seattle's toughest game, IMHO.

Smothering defense.

You Betcha buddy! I wanna see us test that Bears Secondary, and they have givin up 80 or more yards on the ground the 1st 3 games from GB, DET and MIN....and i am betting even with Mo Mo we have a better offense than those 3 teams.

countin down.....only 128 hours until kickoff :-D

Addict! :-D

I can't wait. Hooking up with another 'Hawk fan that night (I personally converted him from the Raiders several years ago). We're gonna BBQ bear meat. For real!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby ateam » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:42 pm

Addict! :-D

I can't wait. Hooking up with another 'Hawk fan that night (I personally converted him from the Raiders several years ago). We're gonna BBQ bear meat. For real![/quote]

Please tell your buddy he's a complete trader, and he should go back and watch video of when Bo ran over your boy Boz in the old dome! :-b

Old school, ala Kenny Easley!
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:27 pm

ateam wrote:Addict! :-D

I can't wait. Hooking up with another 'Hawk fan that night (I personally converted him from the Raiders several years ago). We're gonna BBQ bear meat. For real!

Please tell your buddy he's a complete trader, and he should go back and watch video of when Bo ran over your boy Boz in the old dome! :-b

Old school, ala Kenny Easley![/quote]

These arn't my dads Seahawks. These guys are for real. ;-D

Hawks 20 Cubs 9
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk