Bears--Seahawks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bears--Seahawks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bellings » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:35 pm

I'm suprised that the Bears bandwagon is so full. I'm picking the Seahawks. IMO, Seahawks are much better than the Vikings, and the Bears are barely better than the Vikings. Chicago easily could have lost that game if the Vikings receivers simply would have not dropped passes. I think that the vaulted Bears defense is going to get schooled.
bellings
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ateam » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:06 pm

bellings wrote:I'm suprised that the Bears bandwagon is so full. I'm picking the Seahawks. IMO, Seahawks are much better than the Vikings, and the Bears are barely better than the Vikings. Chicago easily could have lost that game if the Vikings receivers simply would have not dropped passes. I think that the vaulted Bears defense is going to get schooled.

By your analysis, the hawks could barely beat DET on a last second field goal, 6-3, whom the Bears destroyed...

Unlike the hawks, the Bears bandwagon has ALWAYS been full in Chi-town! This here is a football, Bears town each and every year. Bears fans are just excited to finally have a QB who looks like he can lead the offense for once. I know he's not done with his growing pains, but he's still the best looking QB they've had since Eric Kramer, who was a retread w/o the bright future, so you'll have to excuse Bears fans for their giddiness. B-)
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby treadstone » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:42 am

34=Sweetness wrote:Apparently SA is out with a broken foot. However, the Bears secondary is pretty mediocre and they still havent found the stride in their running game. Should be a pretty close game.

I completely disagree. They have given up 184 yds./game and no TD's. I know Detroit, Green Bay, and Minnesota don't have great passing attacks, but Detroit was behind all game which should lead to more passing yards, and Green Bay is 4th on the year in passing yds./game. Not to mention the Lions threw for 230 on the seahawks and 340 on Green Bay.
treadstone
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:36 am

Alkaholik wrote:
Heavyg25 wrote:Not good on the road? They were the 6th best team on the road last year. Quit talking about stuff you know nothing about.

oh really, you sound like you havent been a seahawk fan for more than the past superbowl year, that or your just plain ignorant.

I vote for option 2 - this is the same guy that swore up and down that Jeb Putzier was going to outscore Alge Crumpler by a country mile last year... :-B
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby dand1n » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:05 pm

this will be an interesting game to watch sunday night!
hate is the best compliment, people always want what you have.
dand1n
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby pangbones » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:15 pm

Alkaholik wrote:You Betcha buddy! I wanna see us test that Bears Secondary, and they have givin up 80 or more yards on the ground the 1st 3 games from GB, DET and MIN....and i am betting even with Mo Mo we have a better offense than those 3 teams.

countin down.....only 128 hours until kickoff :-D

Yeah and those 3 offenses scored a whopping 1 TD.

I expect the points to be few and far between. If the Bears D line can get pressure on Hasselbeck, they'll have a great shot at winning IMO. That will be the difference in the game. If they can't get consistent pressure, Hass will find the open guys in the secondary. Chicago has a rookie out there at safety, and he was burnt a few times against Minnesota, and that could be key too. A big play or two is what will cost one team a win.

I haven't seen much of Seattle this year, but when I have watched they're defense looked terrific. It's strength on Strength, and weakness on weakness. But Seattle's defense doesn't look like much of a weakness. Chicago's offense is much better than last year, but the season is still young. I can't wait to watch!! I predict a 16 - 13 Bears win.
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby pangbones » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:20 pm

bellings wrote:I'm suprised that the Bears bandwagon is so full. I'm picking the Seahawks. IMO, Seahawks are much better than the Vikings, and the Bears are barely better than the Vikings. Chicago easily could have lost that game if the Vikings receivers simply would have not dropped passes. I think that the vaulted Bears defense is going to get schooled.

Yeah ok. If Marinelli had a SACK Seattle wouldn't have won their first game!!

These are the top 2 teams in the NFC IMO. With Philly and NY right behind them both. The Bears D will not get schooled. They will put tons of pressure on the QB and force him to make quick throws. I see a lot of FG attempts Sunday night!!
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby ateam » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:21 am

Any questions? :-D

These Bears are legit! ;-D
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigMusky » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:24 am

that was a great win over the cardinals last night, oh I mean the seahawks...I get all those crappy NFC west teams confused. }:-)
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SwiperRocks! » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:49 am

SwiperRocks!
Water Boy
Water Boy

Previous

Return to Football Talk