Worse Fantasy Year Ever - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Worse Fantasy Year Ever

Moderator: Football Moderators

Worse Fantasy Year Ever

Postby joshsup17 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:33 pm

So I have been pissed the first three weeks with issues reguarding Steve Smith, now it seems he is back. but I also have Shaun Alexander and Kurt Warner. WTF. My team is just going to hell.
joshsup17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:42 pm

Weather the storm bro.

Last year I had:

Deuce
JJ
DJax
Horn

I came back to make the playoffs (though it helped that I picked up LJ when an impatient owner dropped him, and my sukkiness gave me top waiver claim! :-D ).
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby joshsup17 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:44 pm

Yeah, I just need a new QB now, and hope shaun comes back strong in mid season, and now that smith is back he needs to carry my team
joshsup17
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ateam » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:02 pm

joshsup17 wrote:Yeah, I just need a new QB now, and hope shaun comes back strong in mid season, and now that smith is back he needs to carry my team

If there was one FF QB that warranted a 'cuff it was Warner. If he's available he could put up some #'s w/those WR's. I watched him shred Bear's first string Def. in preseason.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby charger_ss24 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:25 pm

ateam wrote:Weather the storm bro.

Last year I had:

Deuce
JJ
DJax
Horn

I came back to make the playoffs (though it helped that I picked up LJ when an impatient owner dropped him, and my sukkiness gave me top waiver claim! :-D ).

Last year I had lost at the beginning of the season:
Duece McAllister
Chad Pennington
Javon Walker
David Ackers
Brian Greise

I began the season 0-5, by far my worst year ever. But once Priest went down for the season, it made my draft pick of LJ look like a stroke of genius. Guess what? I rode LJ to the eighth and final spot in our playoffs and won my second fantasy championship. ;-D

Success is only an injury away. Hang in there! !+)
[img]www.i95.photobucket.com/albums/l128/oczindian03/LJRB2border1199.jpg [/img]

Thanks to oczindian03 for creating my signature!
charger_ss24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 6)

Postby KeeceTime » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:31 pm

pretty much any team that had lj went to the championship woopedy doo
KeeceTime
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Detro76 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:40 pm

I know its a long season, but mine may be in dire need of a win tonight. I'm tied and we have Colston and Alge as the deciding players (I have Colston). I haven't had any major injuries, but just mediocre play from my top picks like Bulger, Cooley, Lamont, RoBrown* and others (I also have TO hurt).

Last year was worse. I started out winning something like 5 in a row, but I had J.Walker, DJax, CMart, McGahee, JJones, K.Collins, IBruce, Lelie (among others) - but I grabbed WParker, MAnderson and LJ in the last few rounds which conceivably saved my season (along with a few fa acquisitions and trades along the way). I made it to the playoffs and eked out a birth in the final (losing becase I went out of town and didn't get a chance to adjust my lineup to put in Gore...lost by 19 points - what Gore scored...ugh.

I just can't help to look around and figure out how I'm going to make a similar run this year...my late picks aren't quite panning out as quickly as they have in the past...oh well its early and Colston can be a stud, so here's to a win tonight and in the future.

*Brown has been alright, but not as dominant as I would like under the circumstances (Culpepper worries me)
'They may or may not be a dynasty (the requirements are hazy), but no football team ever has begun a millennium with three crowns in four years.'

'Not bad for a has been and a couple of never will be's'
Detro76
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hammertime » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:39 pm

im o-3 to with a very good team, brett farve ,steven jax,jj,tatem bell,a grenn,chris chambers,hines ward,and chad johnson,ben watson and chicago def i dont know whats up either

But here the good new last year i had dante culpepper,jamal lewis,joe horn,andre johnson,a green and still won the champ but i was a lj holder to,but it can happen last year was proof? started 1-5
hammertime
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Postby Dan00Hawk » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:06 pm

Lamont Jordan and Carnell Williams killed my team in week 1 and 2...

Only thing keeping me competitive is
McNabb (solid so far)
Ahman Green (much better than expected)
DeAngelo Williams (waiting for DeShaun to get hurt)
Andre Johnson (pleasant surprise)
Braylon Edwards (been on my bench, but 2 weeks with 100+ pushes him up)
Chris Chambers (always a second half of the season stud)
Hines Ward (hmmm, Big Ben isn't doing him any favors)
Des Clark (hope his injury isn't serious)

I'm hoping that LaJordan and Cadillac will at least turn it around so they can be trade bait at some point.
Dan00Hawk
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:12 pm

I was already scrambling in my $$$ league at 0-3 before the SA news broke. (But I was honestly considering benching him this week anyway considering his matchup and performance so far this year).

At this point my panic has been replaced with a numbing sense of despair. That said, I can't quit, so I'll hit the WW, try to swing a trade or four, and if all else fails ride this leaky b***h to the bottom of the ocean.

Ya can't win 'em all, but at this point I'd settle for winning one.

:~(

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting