not much trading? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

not much trading?

Moderator: Football Moderators

not much trading?

Postby RBhova82 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:21 pm

i read about trades all of the time on here. However, my league in its ten ear anniversary seems to go through season after season without one trade opccurring. Does anyone else expierience something similar to this? just curious
RBhova82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:25 pm

Yea, the league I'm in doesn't trade often. Me and another owner are really the only ones that seek out trades, everyone else just seems to almost be too scared to mess up their team with a trade. And like many owners, they aren't willing to give up good players to receive good players. I feel your pain.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RBhova82 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:28 pm

i guess i'm guilty of it too. always scared to see the guy you traded blow up
RBhova82
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bklik » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:31 pm

I really love trading, yet last year it seemed only 3 trades went down. This year we made the rosters a little deeper starter-wise and reduced the number of moves from infinite to 20. That seemed to help, and I think Ive seen 5 moves so far in that leauge.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jbones733 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 pm

tough to trade in football, everyone needs depth specially w all byes still comin up, after bye weeks, if teams have some extra guys i see a few trades before the deadline, but otherwise rather tough
SUPERBOWL , Who so start at Wide out ???? please help

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=382588

jbones733
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ivesaidway2much » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:34 am

In my experience, the key to trading is quantity not quality. This year in my main league I've proposed 15 trades so far, but only 3 have been accepted. I haven't gotten everyone I wanted, but each trade that did go through improved my team. So I'm happy.
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby DrSpackle » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:51 am

There hasn't been in a single trade in my big money league. I've proposed a couple, but they get shot down. But this league, owner's completely overvalue their own players. For example, yesterday I try to trade for Marion Barber (I have Jones) and he says he wants Fitz in return. Seriously. :-t

My other money league has had one trade and that involved my team.

Even in the free league I'm in I can't get a trade done. A free league, people! C'mon!! Owners would rather abandon their team than try to make trades. I just don't get it. Trading is a big part of the fun of FF.

/end rant
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby HskrPwr13 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:17 am

ivesaidway2much wrote:In my experience, the key to trading is quantity not quality. This year in my main league I've proposed 15 trades so far, but only 3 have been accepted. I haven't gotten everyone I wanted, but each trade that did go through improved my team. So I'm happy.

Thats an excellent way to do it. ;-D

The problem with trades, especially in a competitive league, and where you only have limited bench space, is that no one is going to "downgrade" their team. Finding an even win-win is extremely hard to find many times. Even if the trade helps both teams, if one owner feels hes not getting the 'better end' of the deal, the trade likely wont get done. Whether right or wrong, thats the way it is. Nobody wants to think they're getting shafted.

Also depends on how the league is set up. I've found it hard to deal with other owners in my division, where as I can trade much easier with an owner if I'm playing someone from their division.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby petedog9 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:02 pm

people shy away from trading in our league becasue they dont want to wind up being heckled for "getting srewed" by the other guy. They seem content with staying wxactly how they are or working the wire. There is alwasy someone not involved in the trade who screams out that somebody got corn-holed on any given deal, even if its very fair. Its scares people away from trading....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Thursday » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:04 pm

Both my football and baseball league don't trade, i'm the only dude who even bothers sending out offers. however, one trade has occured in my football league this season so far.
Thursday
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk