not much trading? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

not much trading?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bobbing_headz » Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:28 pm

I find I've been having a similar problem. But, I've proposed 30+ trades and one has been accepted (although I did get a sweet deal). Still, one aint bad. I feel that if you propose enough trades then one is bound to be accepted.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:11 am

theres only been 2 trades in my league. one that i was involved in and got edge and coles by trading away thomas jones and fitzgerald and another trade was chester taylor and galloway for dunn and santana moss. nothing big so far but i have a blockbuster trade coming. i think you need to cause a ripple effect, if you can get one trade going then more will follow. it will also become more common as the season progresses and theres more injures.
sadlyajetsfan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kellys Heroes » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:00 am

I send trades out every week or so.. I'm lucky if 3 or 4 are accept a yr.. Usually I find an owner in the league that likes to trade and we usually swap half our roster...

But yeah... a lot of tight asses play FF
Kellys Heroes
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby King Dubya » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:17 am

Some owners want to trade just for the sake of trading. Whether it is just being ultra-active as an owner or wanting to lord over your trade partner how you robbed him some owners just feel a need to trade.

I'll make a trade if it makes sense for me, but more often than not the owner offering the trade has not looked at my team and evaluated my needs. He has simply keyed on a player he wants and will try to low-ball an offer to me.

It's rare I see a trade when I think it makes sense for both teams. If someone appears to have actually considered my team needs and the offer is fair, I might be more inclined to accept it just because he took the time and courtesy to consider my team make up as well as his.
King Dubya
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ateam » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:23 am

ivesaidway2much wrote:In my experience, the key to trading is quantity not quality. This year in my main league I've proposed 15 trades so far, but only 3 have been accepted. I haven't gotten everyone I wanted, but each trade that did go through improved my team. So I'm happy.

I love to trade, for me it's half the fun. I am completely in the camp of the above quote. The problem here is that other owners in my league aren't as trade-receptive, and my offers over the years (coupled with my success, I believe) has me feeling as a semi-collusion victim. I do take the time to see what others need and make very fair offers, they always now get rejected with no counter offers, regardless of how much it makes sense for the other party. For example, trading from strength on both parties. So, basically it's been a bit frustrating for me a bit.

Another source of frustration with this is that a handful of owners are good friends, and they seem to do the "committe thing" with regards to discussing trade offers, which puts them a bit at an advantage as my cards are face up, so to speak.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BigMusky » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:21 am

No one trades with me in money league because they are afraid of me....they think if I want someone, they better not let them go. I have no problem giving up more value for a player if I want him...but sometimes I have to give up 3 starters to get one in return and I can not always justify that.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Retet » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:52 am

I've noticed that in my league with only 8 owners, few trades occur -- I believe this is because each team has a fairly stacked roster, so the need to trade is not as high. In my 10 team league, however, trades are more frequent, as almost every team has a chink in its armor.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Football Talk