Matt Leinhart - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Matt Leinhart

Moderator: Football Moderators

Matt Leinhart

Postby skinsfan » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:19 pm

His being promoted to starter is of particular concern to me, considering that Warner is my #1 QB!

What's his value at this point, since Green's an impatient prick? It;s pretty dumb to bench the Week 1 NFL Offensive Player of the Week.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:35 pm

I'm in Phoenix (well, Mesa) and from what I've heard Tubby hasn't made up his mind yet who's gonna start Sunday. That said I'm dropping Warner, but only because I've got a BUNCH of holes to fill and he's become expendable (Please get it together Bulger).

I'll be watching the local news in a half an hour or so. I'll let ya know if I hear anything, but I don't think any decision will be made for at least a day or two.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Blitzburgh2001 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:36 pm

Warner really put himself in the doghouse with his fumble. You should pick up Leinart and consider benching him this week as a wait and see measure.

But I think this could actually work out better for you than Warner as the starter. Leinart is better prepared mentally to start as a rookie than any QB to come out in at least a decade. You could look back on this decision as the catalyst for your playoff run. Just trying to paint a prettier picture for you.
Blitzburgh2001
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:10 am

Leinart is a rookie.....his potential production is unpredictable. He may be the most ready to play now from the QBs in this draft, but it doesn't mean that he'll perform well behind a terrible O-Line. He'll have troubles just like Warner did I think, except I don't see him throwing for as big of games as Warner did to go along with him turnovers.

If Warner is your top QB, I would be looking somewhere other than Leinart for your replacement if he doesn't start this week.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Midnight_Toker » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:18 am

I like Leinart a lot actually. I agree with other posters though .. the O - line is shaky and the D is not very good ... but he's got weapons. Watch out for the matchup .. @ Atl next week is risky.
Midnight_Toker
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kilroy » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:17 am

I would hope that Tubby has more sense than to give Leinart his first career start at Atlanta with the Falcons coming off the pasting they got tonight.

It'll happen (and it's looking like sooner as opposed to later) but if Green does it this week he's dumber than I thought.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby BigMusky » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:07 am

I am starting Atlanta this week because you know there are some turnovers waiting to happen and big sacks. I could see this being a bunch of hooy though to motivate Warner....or a one week thing. I am reluctant to drop Warner until I see more proof he is out this season.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Patchell » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:15 am

Everyone stop talking about Leinart please! I'm trying to keep it a secret from the rest of my fantasy league. I have #11 ww priority and I dropped Leinart last week for RB depth (because I figured Warner couldn't mess up a game so bad vs St. Louis). So I need this news to be quiet for another day so I can pick him up... :-[

Oh crap it's the number one news item on my fantasy leagues page... Damn you CBS! :-P

Hopefully everyone tries to pick up Morris or Robinson and forgets about Leinart! ;-D
Patchell
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ivesaidway2much » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:59 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:I would hope that Tubby has more sense than to give Leinart his first career start at Atlanta with the Falcons coming off the pasting they got tonight.

It'll happen (and it's looking like sooner as opposed to later) but if Green does it this week he's dumber than I thought.

If I'm not mistaken, Eli's first start (coincidentally also replacing Warner) came against a pretty good Atlanta D in 2004. Besides if Leinart gets broken by the pressure, he probably wasn't going to be a very good QB anyway
ivesaidway2much
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby skinsfan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks for the advice about Warner...although I don't want to cut him. I may just go with Grossman as my starter until things blow over in Arizona.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Football Talk