Braylon Edwards top 10 WR when seasons done? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Braylon Edwards top 10 WR when seasons done?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Braylon Edwards top 10 WR when seasons done?

Postby kemper5 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:07 pm

May end up in the area of 1200+, 80+ catches and 8+ TD's.. He went off on 2 decent defenses in Baltimore & Cincy.. What may he do against Oakland 8-o ..
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Retet » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:13 pm

I also like the looks of Edwards this year -- If Frye continues to come along, then that offence could have two viable, productive targets in Edwards and Winslow III.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Zerohour » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:13 pm

If the O-line can provide ANY type of protection, then its a good possiblity.

Otherwise expect the quick drop offs to Kellen till the line shores up.
Team Death 9-4
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/93231
Zerohour
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Crippler » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:34 pm

I think he's overrated right now. I see his production fizzling out a little for the rest of the season.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby mattb47 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:36 pm

Jurevicius might be coming back this week which will eat into his production I think. Now is probably a good time to sell high on Edwards.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:18 pm

He'll hover around the top-15, maybe even higher, but it'll mostly come from a couple "Whoa!" 200-yard 2-3TD games. I don't expect consistency.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 505ponies » Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:54 pm

easy. He has only 11 catches on the season and 1/2 of his yards came on two of them. Top 10 is a long way to go.
A fool and his money are soon parted. I would pay anyone a lot of money to explain that to me.
505ponies
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby ypsieast » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:01 pm

Braylon is virtually a rookie (considering the limited play he got last year because of injuries) and he is already contributing at a high level on a mediocre offense.

He gets (and will continue to get) tons of looks, as CLE will often play from behind and he is the only legit WR threat. Even if JoeJ comes back, he'll still be integral in the Offense. If anything, his coverage will soften a bit.

I watched Braylon all through college and I can tell you a few things. The knock on him that he drops a lot of balls is fair, but a bit overstated. I wouldn't worry about that. The thing that makes him great is that, except for Randy Moss, I have never seen any WR at any level catch the deep ball as well as Edwards does. Whether its catching it while streaking down the sideline, or going up for the "up for grabs" ball, he has that uncanny ability (like Moss) to come up with the ball.

So, for Fantasy Football, if you have a guy that gets 8-10 balls thrown at him each game and has above average ability to score long TDs and plays for a team that has to pass a lot to come from behind... those are the ingredients for a top 10 WR.
ypsieast
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby J2thez929 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:17 pm

ypsieast wrote:Braylon is virtually a rookie (considering the limited play he got last year because of injuries) and he is already contributing at a high level on a mediocre offense.

He gets (and will continue to get) tons of looks, as CLE will often play from behind and he is the only legit WR threat. Even if JoeJ comes back, he'll still be integral in the Offense. If anything, his coverage will soften a bit.

I watched Braylon all through college and I can tell you a few things. The knock on him that he drops a lot of balls is fair, but a bit overstated. I wouldn't worry about that. The thing that makes him great is that, except for Randy Moss, I have never seen any WR at any level catch the deep ball as well as Edwards does. Whether its catching it while streaking down the sideline, or going up for the "up for grabs" ball, he has that uncanny ability (like Moss) to come up with the ball.

So, for Fantasy Football, if you have a guy that gets 8-10 balls thrown at him each game and has above average ability to score long TDs and plays for a team that has to pass a lot to come from behind... those are the ingredients for a top 10 WR.

Very well said. Edwards will be a nice #3 WR to have on your fantasy roster as he will have some big games for ya
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BostonBlades » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:35 pm

I snagged him before his big game this past weekend. I feel confident starting him WR3 at against Oakland.
As stated above, he seems to have the right things going his way to make him look like an attractive play. I'm starting him over Berrian and Henry.
UPS to bigh0rt for the sig!
BostonBlades
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk