I'm Predicting a HUGE game for Owens. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm Predicting a HUGE game for Owens.

Moderator: Football Moderators

I'm Predicting a HUGE game for Owens.

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:49 am

Everybody has been really down on Owens this week. Saying he has a big mouth, saying he is a show-off, saying he is all ego no play, saying he is no longer a top 3 WR.

Ok, he does have a big mouth, he is a showboat, he is ego driven. But if you don't think he is a monster talent at WR, you're crazy. This guy is a pure competitor, he takes his losses personally.....and performs under pressure. Yes he will say what is on his mind, and if you are not performing at your highest level, he will call you on it.

Face it, Terrell is right, Garcia is not performing this year. Maybe Owens should have said it privately to Garcia, but he was only speaking the truth.

I predict Owens will have 120+ yds and 2 TDs against the anemic Lions.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: I'm Predicting a HUGE game for Owens.

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:55 am

Buckychudd wrote:Everybody has been really down on Owens this week. Saying he has a big mouth, saying he is a show-off, saying he is all ego no play, saying he is no longer a top 3 WR.

Ok, he does have a big mouth, he is a showboat, he is ego driven. But if you don't think he is a monster talent at WR, you're crazy. This guy is a pure competitor, he takes his losses personally.....and performs under pressure. Yes he will say what is on his mind, and if you are not performing at your highest level, he will call you on it.

Face it, Terrell is right, Garcia is not performing this year. Maybe Owens should have said it privately to Garcia, but he was only speaking the truth.

I predict Owens will have 120+ yds and 2 TDs against the anemic Lions.

My opinion.....The Lions rebound from a tough loss and motivation from going into Mooch's old stomping ground give the Lions an impressive victory, 38-17 style.

But Owens goes for at least 80 and a TD because you know they are going to throw at him all day long and Dre Bly sure ain't going to contain him. Anything more than that would be a bonus.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Hard to say...

Postby blueonion » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:13 am

I really am not educated on the 9999ers like I am the Vikings, so this is more of a question than a statement.

I would think Mariucci will double or triple cover TO every play knowing this will frustrate him and potentially blow up and implode the 9999ers.

If I was coaching against the 9999ers, I know the teams confidence is shaky at best and their team unity is in question. Frustrating TO seems very easy to do.

Any thoughts?

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LBJackal » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:34 am

My thought is that you shouldn't call them the 9999ers, cuz that's the "four niners" It should really be the 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999ers. But I guess that's too hard to type all the time, and it takes up a lot of space too.
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:46 am

lbjackal wrote:My thought is that you shouldn't call them the 9999ers, cuz that's the "four niners" It should really be the 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999ers. But I guess that's too hard to type all the time, and it takes up a lot of space too.

He's got you there BlueOnion......

But back to your point. Mooch could do that if he wants to destroy the chemistry of Owen's and the 49ers. But that's not his goal, his goal is to win the game.

The 9ers arn't quite one dimensional enough to just concentrate on Owens. If Detroit shifts that much coverage over to Owen's, Tai will get open and hurt them. If he only puts four in the box, Hearst and Barlow are talented enought to run through them. Detroit doesn't have enough talent on Defense to totally shut SF's Offense down.

So, if Mooch concentrates solely on Owen's, I think he loses the game.....
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby zombiez » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:31 am

I think the 49'ers in general will have a big day.....they are overdue and playing a weak team
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

TO...

Postby blueonion » Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:53 am

I really don’t know what will happen this weekend. I can see TO having a big day and I can see TO having a bad day.

I can see TO having a bad day much like Moss had against Chicago where Chicago was willing to let Minnesota run on them all day because they insisted they double coverage Moss on every single day.

I can see TO having a great day if Mooch tries to cover him with 1 defensive back. Mooch really in a situation where he must pick his poison. But if you were Steve Mooch, who would you rather see have a big game, Kevan Barlow and Garrison Hearst run all over you (which is what Mooch always preached) or Terrell Owens (who always attacked you in the media)?

Granted, I think Mooch is most concerned with winning the game and he could really care less about TO. But everybody knows TO is their playmaker.

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby AF » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:12 am

I hope that Garcia and Owens have a bad day because after last week Garcia has earned himself a spot on my bench for awhile. It sure would be hard to start Garcia after his last two weeks when I can play Bulger or Hasslebeck. Then again I am even tempted to start Garcia this week just because he is playing Det but after a -2 points last week I don't think that I could do that.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby senseiosin » Fri Oct 03, 2003 11:57 am

I see this being a very close game, simlar to the Atlanta/Washington game in week 2. ONe team will get a big lead early and the other team will be throwing all over the place to come back. Its gonna be a good fantasy day for all offensive players for both teams since neither of them have any pass defense to speak of.

Prediction:

Owens: 110 1 TD
Streets: 140 2 TD's
Hearst/Barlow: 120 combined rushing 50 recieving 1 TD
Garcia: rushes for one TD

Harrington: 330, 3 TD's
Rodgers: 100 2 TD's
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby awwchrist » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:30 pm

I predict Owens will YAC the crap out of the lions.

Yes, I'm an Owens Owner.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk