I'm Predicting a HUGE game for Owens. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

I'm Predicting a HUGE game for Owens.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CVhawk » Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:43 pm

Why is no one bringing up the fact that TO himself could play better.I too(skip bayless noted this in his article) noticed that TO let a 5'11 CB out jump him for a ball early in the MINN game.I also noticed that he short armed a ball that could have clearly been caught.Just because the guy has been stellar in the past does not give him the right to half-ass his way through a game because the team is getting beat down.I said it before and I will say it again.Show me someone who performs when things are going bad as well as when everything is going his way.I could really care less if he shows out this week or not.
CVhawk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cambodian » Fri Oct 03, 2003 2:26 pm

I totally agree with Hawk on this one. Ownes is going about 80 percent this year. Sure it's easy for him to wine about the new coach and Garcia and all that, but why doesn't he step it up like Chad Johnson or Marvin Harrison or Moss is? Poor Johnson is a stud on the Bengals!! Harrison has never said 1 thing about Manning or Dungy or anyone!! Moss...he's just Moss, but looking tough this year. He looks like "he feels like playing" as he'd say.
Someday Da Bears will return to Glory!!
Cambodian
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby tomkatt » Fri Oct 03, 2003 3:00 pm

Owens is sure to go off this week.... I just traded him. :-o
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby senseiosin » Fri Oct 03, 2003 4:33 pm

Hope your right tomkatt :-B Im going against the #1 team in my league this week.
The only thing we have to fear is.... another injured Denver RB!!!!!!!!
senseiosin
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby converge241 » Fri Oct 03, 2003 6:10 pm

sure he could have a big day too bad he wont help hearst or barlow's stats by maybe i dont know..throw a block? he made randy moss seem like a fullback in comparison with his phoning it in on running plays last week
Black and Gold through and through
The Six Time Super Bowl CHAMPIONS
converge241
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 03, 2003 8:17 pm

The one trend with WRs seems to be that they have great performances after showing their a** like Owens did. Both he and Boston are primed for big games. The only hold up for Owens may be Garcia's reluctance to use him (my perception), Garcia's health status (bad groin and we know about his back). The Lions are also playing much better under Mariucci and may put together a complete game on D. I see Owens much more likely to tear the Lions apart, getting 130-170 yards and 2-3 TDs.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mtarail » Fri Oct 03, 2003 9:35 pm

I don't think he'll do much this week. Why? Because Garcia looks so bad--I think he's playing hurt.

If Garcia can't get the ball downfield accurately or if the 9ers are forced to use a backup (Rattay stinks), TO isn't gonna have good chances to rack up fantasy #'s
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
Vince Lombardi
mtarail
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk