Is it possible to have a "good" 0-3 team? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it possible to have a "good" 0-3 team?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bellybrother » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:02 pm

Well, i hope there's still a chance. In my 12 team money league(start 1 qb, 2 rb, 2wr, 1 te, 1 dst, 1 k), i have........

Bledsoe, Grossman, Romo(must carry one of your qb's backups)
Rudi, Dunn, Dillon, C Brown, Buckhalter
ROY, B Edwards, G Jennings, Matt Jones
LJ Smith, Putzier(gonna try and do somethin about Putzier before LJ's bye)
Caroliana, Buffalo
Elam, Janikowski

have to carry 2 dst's and 2 te's and 2 k's.

I'm 0-3 and i hope it gets better. wk 2 i had the 2nd most points in our league.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby tecmobowl12 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:55 pm

Obviously this isn't groundbreaking discovery, but it's interesting to see certain players listed frequently in this thread, such as Bledsoe, Barber, Gates...etc. Kinda like how Westbrook/McNabb are on almost every top Yahoo team at the moment
tecmobowl12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:02 pm

tecmobowl12 wrote:Obviously this isn't groundbreaking discovery, but it's interesting to see certain players listed frequently in this thread, such as Bledsoe, Barber, Gates...etc. Kinda like how Westbrook/McNabb are on almost every top Yahoo team at the moment

Yep, and a lot of the players being mentioned have been putting up good yardage totals, just no TDs yet.

It's certainly not time to panic for all you 0-3 teams. Just do your best to figure out which players will bounce back (hold onto them, duh) and which ones won't (get rid of them, duh again).
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby tecmobowl12 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:14 pm

I'm playing another 0-3 team this week (who also has a good roster). In fact, Yahoo's fantasy matchups page has us scoring more points than every team in the league...every week Yahoo predicts my team to score in the 70s or 80s and every week we go out and put up 54 or something equally lame
tecmobowl12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:25 pm

I've seen 0-5 teams come back and win championships. Never seen an 0-6 team even make the playoffs though. I figure if it's week 7 and you haven't won a game yet, it's time to pack it in.

0-3 is when I start getting a little worried, but no way am I even close to giving in.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dunbar2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:49 pm

It is amazing-but expectedly obvious i guess with all the teams out there- how many great rosters here have such poor records. So much of fantasy is luck, and to echo some comments , 0-3 you can come back from.

Last year I was 1-4, and I ended up 9-4 (It helped I had LJ on my team and Mike Anderson who became the fulltime starter in my flex mixed with ...Shaun Alexander).

But to whoever posted about it, Id say 0-6 is the end of it, 0-5 is possible, but you have to win that week. I had a similar roster in one league, and LJ/Anderson just wasnt enough. I was 0-5-1 and finished 6-5-2.

Good luck all people with crappy starts, persevere
He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security.
-Ben Franklin

Should be applied to our current global situation and fantasy football as well.
Dunbar2000
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby coNFLict » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:33 pm

In my head to head league, the total pts leader is 0-3. I'm second in total pts and I'm 1-2.

Go Figure :-t
coNFLict
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby jdsun1 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:39 pm

0-3 is perfectly exceptable as long as you dont have any lingering injuries and at least one of the games it could have gone either way. Things usually even themselves out, but its mainly luck anyways.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mad benjamin » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:46 am

Marv Levy used to say that sometimes it was better to be lucky than good. I have gone 0-3 in my 10-team league with this basic lineup:

Brees
Cadillac (looking like "bust" material)
RBrown
CTaylor
Holt
Boldin
Coles
Gonzo
var. DEF
Akers

I have lost to guys with inferior lineups and have had the QB buzz-saw (week one, McNabb, week 2 PManning) and last week I benched a questionable Coles for a "starting" Chris Brown who, by the way, didn't even step on the field.

The maddening thing is that there is precious little you can do other than trade or hit the ww, or even just ride it out and pray that things get better for you.
mad benjamin
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:17 am

The problem I see is, who did you take in the first round? That's a solid team, but you have no 1st rounder whatsoever. Even Chester Taylor is an iffy 2nd rounder.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk