Who's playing LaMont!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who's playing LaMont!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Popcynical » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:18 am

I have to start him because Tiki has a bye. I wish I had the depth for him to be my fourth RB, but I drafted expecting him to perform like a first rounder.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:19 am

Unless you have another very good option, I think you have to play him this week against Cleveland. If he faulters this week, it's unlikely that he'll do much of anything this season.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:41 am

I doubt he does much. Oakland has no QB and there's no way their offense can do anything. Even if they give Lamont the ball everytime he still won't produce. Plus they're gonna be down a lot.
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:56 am

The thing I really miss is the dumpoff passes. I'd be fine if he got 6 receptions a game and 20 yards rushing...

Well, I wouldn't be fine with that, but it'd be a lot better.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Howie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:58 am

Bring back Kerry Collins!! ;-D ;-)
Howie
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Timbathia » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:39 am

I am starting LT and Jordan and leaving Gore on the bench this week.

If Gore had of scored from the one it might be a different story...
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:35 am

I dont know if id Bench Gore but i think Lamont owners need to start him this week. He has done nothing so far and if he doesnt put up more than 50 yards against the Browns it is probably time to get rid of him. Im starting him this week and am hoping for the best.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby wizbang » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:48 am

The three toughest matchups in the NFL are Baltimore, Jacksonville and San Diego. Of those three, Baltimore and San Diego put the most pressure on opposing QBs. Those were the two aboslutley worst possible matchups to start the season. Would I take LJordan in the first again? Hell no. Not even in the second. I do, however, expect him to be serviceable against weaker competition. By the end of the season he may even be pretty decent.

Chicago is up there but they don't put quite as much pressure on offenses as those three. Overall they're elite but just not as scarey of an FFL matchup.
Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
wizbang
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby footballchick23 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:18 am

I enjoyed OAK having a bye last week so I didn't have to wrestle with whether to play Jordan or not. If you have a slightly better option, go with it, otherwise hold your breath and hope OAK finally gets something going. I also have Dunn, Brown in my RB spots and can play D. Bennett, Colston, or Jordan in my Flex Spot. This whole Lamont situation just blows. I agree with moon though...very McGahee or K. Jones-esque.
Doesn't it suck to get beat at Fantasy Football...by a girl?
footballchick23
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Retet » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:06 am

wizbang wrote:The three toughest matchups in the NFL are Baltimore, Jacksonville and San Diego. Of those three, Baltimore and San Diego put the most pressure on opposing QBs. Those were the two aboslutley worst possible matchups to start the season. Would I take LJordan in the first again? Hell no. Not even in the second. I do, however, expect him to be serviceable against weaker competition. By the end of the season he may even be pretty decent.

Chicago is up there but they don't put quite as much pressure on offenses as those three. Overall they're elite but just not as scarey of an FFL matchup.

These are my thoughts too. I think he could be a decent #2 back the rest of the season. Oakland is bad, no doubt. But judgements about any back who has only played Baltimore and SD are premature.
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk