T.O. taken to emergency room - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. taken to emergency room

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby saundman2000 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:16 pm

OK,

So there's no story here then? If he says he wasn't committing suicide and the pain medication for his finger was legit why do we even care?

I'm no longer going to read T.O. threads. It's kind of like reading Tabloids as your checking out at the grocery store... You know that there's nothing of value there, but yet it somehow begs you to look anyway.

Well I'm through with even paying attention to T.O. I don't want him on my fantasy team therefore there's no other reason to give the drama queen any more of my time.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:36 pm

I'm going to give Owens a LITTLE attention. This isn't him riding a bicycle in camp or calling Garcia gay. This is a potentially serious issue that, if is found to be inaccurate, can be dismissed at that time.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby coNFLict » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:02 pm

Since he is so great of a player the media follows him and provokes him to make stupid comments. I'm not justifying his comments, but people are too hard on him.

I don't hear anyone ripping DEION BRANCH for holding out and not showing up to camp and forced his team to trade him and he was under contract for the entire season. He wants to get paid, but hasn't even put up 1000yds yet. Owens is no different than any other ball player. Actually he is, he's better than most of them and that's why the media follows him.

The media is dying to get the story of Owens and the Cowboys breaking up, and they will not stop trying.
coNFLict
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby bpg » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:07 pm

I'm not sure if this is true, but i read on another messageboard that his publicist was the one who called the ambulance, and said it was suicide.

If so, they are going into major damage control now.
bpg
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:44 pm

It's over. TO's fine. Denies trying to commit suicide. Publicist denies saying he was depressed. TO may have said yes to some questions the cops asked him...but he was groggy and may have said yes to anything. No story here.

If TO had taken 35 pills he wouldn't have been at a news conference, he would have been locked in the hospital. And he also would have been in pretty bad shape.

So like I said, no story and TO will still go in to Philly and dominate the Eagles weakass secondary.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby citybirds27 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:53 pm

All I have to say is :-* WOW 8-o
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby jdsun1 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:04 pm

The american media is just sick. Its sad to live in a country where a guy like TO cannot catch a break. He never tried to kill himself he was never depressed. The ones who deserve all the negative media are never the ones getting it.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ampant » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:11 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:If TO had taken 35 pills he wouldn't have been at a news conference, he would have been locked in the hospital. And he also would have been in pretty bad shape.

Not if they induced vomiting quickly enough.

Anyways, nobody will ever know for sure whether he did or did not intentionally do something stupid like try to commit suicide. If he did, he's obviously snapped out of it and will never admit to it, because it affects his marketability. If he didn't, nobody will 100% believe him because he is so full of crap most of the time. Madical records are protected by privacy laws. If his publicist was, in fact, the one who called, it's easier to deny now.

I still think something was going on besides accidentally mixing "dietary supplements" and pain medication. I know guys that have done/mixed plenty of drugs, and have never been hospitalized for it. Maybe if he is on antidepressants, MAO inhibitors or something like that.

Either way, he's definitely unbalanced.
It's time to put down the crack-pipe and step away from the keyboard.
ampant
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby Goatwhacker » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:27 pm

jdsun1 wrote:The american media is just sick. Its sad to live in a country where a guy like TO cannot catch a break.

True, he's probably like penniless or something. Poor little guy, just can't catch a break.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Jury » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:29 pm

On the NFL Network, Deon Sanders reported that he spoke with Terrell in the last hour, and apparently, Terrell laughed at the idea of it being a suicide and is saying, "it was just an allergic reaction to a combination of pain killers and supplements."
Respect Stevie McNair. Bow down to the pouch.
The Jury
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk