T.O. taken to emergency room - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

T.O. taken to emergency room

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby TheRawDAWG » Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:16 pm

ampant wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:If TO had taken 35 pills he wouldn't have been at a news conference, he would have been locked in the hospital. And he also would have been in pretty bad shape.

Not if they induced vomiting quickly enough.

Anyways, nobody will ever know for sure whether he did or did not intentionally do something stupid like try to commit suicide. If he did, he's obviously snapped out of it and will never admit to it, because it affects his marketability. If he didn't, nobody will 100% believe him because he is so full of crap most of the time. Madical records are protected by privacy laws. If his publicist was, in fact, the one who called, it's easier to deny now.

I still think something was going on besides accidentally mixing "dietary supplements" and pain medication. I know guys that have done/mixed plenty of drugs, and have never been hospitalized for it. Maybe if he is on antidepressants, MAO inhibitors or something like that.

Either way, he's definitely unbalanced.

Even if they did I'm sure he would be in the "other" hospital right now going over tests. And also, not everyone reacts to medicatuion the same. He said it was an allergic reaction. And not everyone is allergic to the same stuff.

Ever been to a party where every does the same thing and one guys ends up in alot more trouble then the rest? Not everyone has the same body so it's ridiculous to say that.

I'll admit he has a screw loose...but not in that way.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:01 pm

Plain and simple, this was TO starved for attention.

Did he even take the pills? Probably not more than the regular reccommended dosage.

Consider the following:

1) TO's ego. Now Cowboys game this week, lots of other stories, TO wasn't getting his weekly spotlight. His ego can't handle that.

2) It just so happens that his publicist is the person with him during this event. It just so happens that she exaggerates the situation in such a way that the entire sports media becomes focused on TO. Not coincidence.

3) People who try to committ suicide do not take pills. Overdosing is done for attention. I've dealt with someone who tried to overdose on pills, and I've dealt with someone who truly was suicidal, there is a massive difference. People who take too many pills don't actually want to die, they're craving attention for various reasons and feel the need to be dramatic.

Given TO's track record, his emotional immaturity, his history of publicity stunts, its more than plausible this entire story is a hoax. TO just wanted everyone talking about him again, and because the sports media can't ignore this !@#$!@#, he got it.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BronXBombers51 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:33 pm

maddog60 wrote:Plain and simple, this was TO starved for attention.

Did he even take the pills? Probably not more than the regular reccommended dosage.

Consider the following:

1) TO's ego. Now Cowboys game this week, lots of other stories, TO wasn't getting his weekly spotlight. His ego can't handle that.

2) It just so happens that his publicist is the person with him during this event. It just so happens that she exaggerates the situation in such a way that the entire sports media becomes focused on TO. Not coincidence.

3) People who try to committ suicide do not take pills. Overdosing is done for attention. I've dealt with someone who tried to overdose on pills, and I've dealt with someone who truly was suicidal, there is a massive difference. People who take too many pills don't actually want to die, they're craving attention for various reasons and feel the need to be dramatic.

Given TO's track record, his emotional immaturity, his history of publicity stunts, its more than plausible this entire story is a hoax. TO just wanted everyone talking about him again, and because the sports media can't ignore this !@#$!@#, he got it.

So you're suggesting either...

a.) Owens never took anything, and they faked an emergency call and forged a police report without reprecussion?

or

b.) Owens wanted to be in the newspaper so he endangered his life by overdosing on pain medication?

Absolutely ridiculous. A star wide reciever who makes millions of dollars a year...whom the media is infatuated with and could make a headline by doing ANYTHING....does not overdose on pills simply to get attention. Owens got attention riding a bike on the sidelines...he did not need to fake a suicide to get himself in the newspaper.

I think that's a ridiculous accusation. :-t
BronXBombers51
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:56 pm

I agree with the last statement.
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby KoopaTroopa211 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:16 pm

A great little tidbit from Mike Freeman on Sportsline.com:

Mike Freeman wrote:"You know who's to blame for this entire Terrell Owens mess, right?

Donovan McNabb. It's a vast Eagles, green wing conspiracy. Or maybe it's Bill Clinton's fault.

Next thing, there will be claims from the Owens camp that Jeff Garcia hired secret agents to toss fistfuls of supplements at Owens from behind a grassy knoll."

Here's the rest of the article:

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9690102
KoopaTroopa211 wrote:This is a talented team that under any other circumstances would be an absolute lock for their 4th championship, but I can't shake the feeling that the push for 16-0 will in the end be the undoing of this team in the playoffs.
KoopaTroopa211
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:27 pm

You know what shocks me? That everyone is saying it is a non-story and taking T.O. at his word. And Michael Irvin...now there is a reliable source. Irvin was the one blaming Philly for the problems because they wouldn't give TO his money. Then there was the post of someone comparing the TO holdout to the Branch holdout. For starters, TO didn't hold out. He showed up at camp and caused a ton of problems. Last I checked, Branch never showed up, never publicly bashed Brady, never worked out in his driveway in front of the media, and never did one...not ONE interview on the subject. At least not nationally. All he did was say this is the money I want or I'm going to hold out until November. Period. You can't force the guy to work if he is willing to pay the fines...something TO was NOT willing to do, which is why he showed up at camp.

Who created this "fake" dispatch report? Just because Police and Fire/Rescue do not "officially" confirm the report doesn't mean it didn't happen. With privacy laws, unwanted media frenzy, and an undeniable amount of money available from TO and Jerry Jones to make the story go away, why should we expect them to say anything? And TO is going to come out and admit it? Yeah, I hope you all weren't holding your breath for that one.

In all the "that never happened" talk, there was not one explanation of how this "fake" report was created or released. Until they explain that, I'm going to assume there is a serious problem here that is getting swept under the rug by powerful people with a lot of money. I just hope the guy gets help, even if it is behind the scenes.

This is a train wreck in the making.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:51 am

maddog60 wrote:Plain and simple, this was TO starved for attention.

Consider the following:

You're not looking at this very clearly. The numbers don't add up.
TO isn't stupid enough to stage something like this for attention, he can get all the attention he wants much easier than that and without the negative conatations that go along with this whole mess. Same can be said of his publicist, even for as dumb as she looks today. Remember she is a parasite, sucking in the nectar of TO's persona. Suicide attempts don't sell, so it makes no sense at all to stage one.

And people kill themselves with pills all the time. True it is one of the more surviveable forms of suicide, but that doesn't make it just a call for help. Suicidal itself is a call for help, usually a last call that is made when other calls haven't been picked up on. For TO to just decide to and then actually take enough pills to try and commit suicide is rare for someone his age, usually there are ideations made well in advance. So I would say given TO's history it is unlikely that he would have been trying to take his life.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:52 am

Do we really need two on-going threads on this? :-°
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:16 am

I don't have any problem taking T.O.'s account at face value. He took an extra pill or two and flipped out. W/O knowing the milligrams, etc. it would be hard to say how plausible that is (recalling that Brett Favre's account of his own pill experience was to have a half dozen vicodins and head to the pool room to shoot pool w/ his buddies....) so you might perhaps have some grounds to criticized T.O. for being a lightweight but taking an extra pill and flipping out is not all that unusual and, once you are flipped out, turning into a raving lunatic is not that unusual either. And an extra pill or two (or 3 or 4....maybe he was gonna watch Star Wars or something like that? hee hee...) would not necessarily keep him on the bench on Sunday....

Different meds but in college I recall several situations where people on primitive 80s antidepressants flipped out at wild parties and kind of got into similar states blathering about all kinds of stuff. The police report is just documenting the blatherings w/o any reference to any medical history or anything like that so I don't put a lot of weight in it.
AcidRock23
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby roninmedia » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:55 am

This is the police report for the TO case.
roninmedia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk