Marques Colston does not equal Jermaine Dye - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marques Colston does not equal Jermaine Dye

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marques Colston does not equal Jermaine Dye

Postby skinsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:18 pm

So stop talking him up so much like he's a Fantasy Football God!

(The Cafe doesn't allow the inequality sign in its subject lines.)
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:29 pm

What's with all the baseball analogies lately? I follow baseball pretty casually and I don't see the relation between Colston in Dye being even close enough to mention they're not equal. I guess you could also say Marques Colston does not equal Paris Hilton.

But hey, you're right. We've got a largely undrafted 7th round rookie WR putting up top 10 FF WR numbers, why would anyone talk about that?[/sarcasm]
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:30 pm

Or Colston does not equal John Cena.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby skinsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:32 pm

Dye's been around a while, but he was undrafted in many leagues, and was available via WW in most by June, when he broke out (OF is a very deep position in baseball, and people usually have more backups at the infield positions than anywhere else). And what were Colston's Monday stats again? [sarcasm]

And I may be a main contributor of the evil baseball seed, but seeing that my Shaun Alexander = Johan Santana post drew 70+ replies, there's some interest in the analogies in the Football Cafe.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:01 pm

skinsfan wrote:Dye's been around a while

And Colston's a rookie...where's the similarity there?

skinsfan wrote:And I may be a main contributor of the evil baseball seed, but seeing that my Shaun Alexander = Johan Santana post drew 70+ replies, there's some interest in the analogies in the Football Cafe.

I only looked through the thread briefly, but wasn't most of that arguing about whether or not it was a legitimate analogy, and didn't it get locked?
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:02 pm

Pardon the Baseball atheist that I am, but who is Jermaine Dye?
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:03 pm

Verdun Barbarians wrote:Pardon the Baseball atheist that I am, but who is Jermaine Dye?

Just google him and you will see.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Matthias » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:15 pm

Free Bagel wrote:

Both were lightly regarded players at a position that has a lot of players pre-draft. Dye exploded to be one of the best at outfield. Colston, thus far, has made a case to be one of the better outfielders. The comparison is that they're not the same; implying that Colston is not going to keep it up.

Free Bagel wrote:
skinsfan wrote:And I may be a main contributor of the evil baseball seed, but seeing that my Shaun Alexander = Johan Santana post drew 70+ replies, there's some interest in the analogies in the Football Cafe.

I only looked through the thread briefly, but wasn't most of that arguing about whether or not it was a legitimate analogy, and didn't it get locked?

No. It was actually a really interesting discussion comparing players across fields with their fantasy predictions and performance (stud/ww/bust/whatever). The only, "arguing" was the football-only guys just making asinine comments, comparisons, and begging for some reason to lock the thread. But it was really a one-sided fight since, for the most part, they got ignored.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HskrPwr13 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:20 pm

skinsfan wrote:Dye's been around a while, but he was undrafted in many leagues, and was available via WW in most by June, when he broke out (OF is a very deep position in baseball, and people usually have more backups at the infield positions than anywhere else). And what were Colston's Monday stats again? [sarcasm]

And I may be a main contributor of the evil baseball seed, but seeing that my Shaun Alexander = Johan Santana post drew 70+ replies, there's some interest in the analogies in the Football Cafe.

97 yards
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:29 pm

Matthias wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

Both were lightly regarded players at a position that has a lot of players pre-draft. Dye exploded to be one of the best at outfield. Colston, thus far, has made a case to be one of the better outfielders. The comparison is that they're not the same; implying that Colston is not going to keep it up.

Free Bagel wrote:

No. It was actually a really interesting discussion comparing players across fields with their fantasy predictions and performance (stud/ww/bust/whatever). The only, "arguing" was the football-only guys just making asinine comments, comparisons, and begging for some reason to lock the thread. But it was really a one-sided fight since, for the most part, they got ignored.

I guess that depends on what you would call a "really interesting discussion."

If i remember correctly several of the baseball guys had to resort to name calling.

Several of us had said that we thought that the baseball analogies were basically pointless (which they are in a fantasy football disucssion) and people just kept throwing them out there to piss us off.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk