Michael Robinson - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Michael Robinson

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:48 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
moonhead wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
moonhead wrote:yeah that wr/rb eligibility is crap. so is colston as a te/wr. pisses me off. yahoo needs to fix that.

I take it you don't have either of them?


nope. but it's bogus, nonetheless.


Wow , some people need to get their brains examined


considering colston doesn't play tight end...and robinson doesn't play wide receiver...i'd venture far enough to say that it's unfair to be able to play either as such. certainly unfair to be able to play a potential starting RB as a wide receiver.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby gablefan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:58 pm

moonhead wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
moonhead wrote:
kingctb27 wrote:
moonhead wrote:yeah that wr/rb eligibility is crap. so is colston as a te/wr. pisses me off. yahoo needs to fix that.

I take it you don't have either of them?


nope. but it's bogus, nonetheless.


Wow , some people need to get their brains examined


considering colston doesn't play tight end...and robinson doesn't play wide receiver...i'd venture far enough to say that it's unfair to be able to play either as such. certainly unfair to be able to play a potential starting RB as a wide receiver.



exactly! If you have to have a loophole to win, that is not good.
Image
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1560
Joined: 21 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: TN

Postby smackthefirst » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:33 pm

I usually agree with moonhead on most subjects, and this is lightly off topic considering I haven't seen Robinson enough to make an argument. But Colston I have. You say Colston doesn't play TE because the depth chart shows him as a WR I assume? He has lined up as a TE in games this year as well as WR. In essence, the only difference between him and TE's such as Gates/Shockey/Witten is they line up down more often than up. But then the question must be asked of "what is the number of stand up plays that makes a guy a WR and not a TE?"

This is just an argument I've had on a few other boards. I know it's a "new " situation to deal with in FF but more and more players are being utilized in mroe than one position.
Image
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2646
Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: MD

Postby moonhead » Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:49 pm

smackthefirst wrote:I usually agree with moonhead on most subjects, and this is lightly off topic considering I haven't seen Robinson enough to make an argument. But Colston I have. You say Colston doesn't play TE because the depth chart shows him as a WR I assume? He has lined up as a TE in games this year as well as WR. In essence, the only difference between him and TE's such as Gates/Shockey/Witten is they line up down more often than up. But then the question must be asked of "what is the number of stand up plays that makes a guy a WR and not a TE?"

This is just an argument I've had on a few other boards. I know it's a "new " situation to deal with in FF but more and more players are being utilized in mroe than one position.


you do bring up a good point. but the colston deal doesn't torque me off as much as a guy in my league starting two legitimate rbs in the rb slot and then another rb in one of the 3 wr slots. that's not fair to the rest of the league. especially if michael robinson is the featured back, like i expect him to be, this week. there is no grey area there; while, i will give you, there is quite a bit of grey area with the wr/te debate.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby spamnon » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:03 pm

any SF homers know how a college QB gets drafted as a WR and then converted into a RB? or did SF draft him with the intention of making him a RB all along?
I love fantasy football, but I love fantasy life more...http://www.citypixel.com/AM
spamnon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 107
Joined: 28 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Connecticut

Postby GMoney » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:50 pm

was drafted to be a RB all along. there was never any discussion about him being a WR. (unless you read that ESPN rubbish) Nolan saw MRob at the senior Bowl and made his decision about it then.

Robinson is a punnishing runner. He and Delaine Walker are offensive guys who absolutely LOVE to make the Defense pay for trying to tackle them. Gonna love to watch these guys develop.
Image
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 985
Joined: 23 May 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Hunting down Terry Donahue and Dennis Erickson

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:58 pm

Its not Bogus for Colston to be listed as both...but I do agree that Bush should be a WR/RB before Robinson is both....someone please tell me how or where they see robinson playing WR more then bush....deuce can be in the game in the backfield, while Bush is split out wide at WR, im holding onto bush until he can play both
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 5373
Joined: 21 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Arlington, Texas

Postby TheDiplomats » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:06 am

People in this thread need to stop crying. Once Robinson plays more RB, yahoo will put him in their exclusively as a RB.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1942
Joined: 5 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:18 am

TheDiplomats wrote:People in this thread need to stop crying. Once Robinson plays more RB, yahoo will put him in their exclusively as a RB.


thanks for the tip. :~(
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:21 am

They should make him TE eligible too.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5971
Joined: 21 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Illadelph

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:01 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact