Chris Mortensen is a liar. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Mortensen is a liar.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skinsfan » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:14 pm

Good to hear the rumblings though, because after how well Warner performed in Week 1, being NFC Off. Player of the Week, this was not something I saw coming.

I'm currently courting another team (my brother's, actually) for Matt Leinart because Warner's ship appears to be sinking. The question is how quickly it will take on water, and if the captain can patch the holes in time. But I'll be damned if I'm going to go down with the ship. No sir, I'll take the Leinart Lifeboat if I can get it.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 pm

Mort isn't a liar. He's a Moron. There's a difference.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Challie » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:48 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:This is what i would like to do to mort as well. On Sunday Countdown in the morning he said that ahman green was out for the detroit game, inducing a bet on my part to take the lions -6.5.

Thanks mort, ya friggin lieing P.O.S. :-X :-X :-C

His Green disinformation last week cost me, too, this last week. Nice goin, Mort.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:53 pm

Kilroy1872 wrote:Mort isn't a liar. He's a Moron. There's a difference.

Exactly.

As for Warner. I just hope that someone is in to sling the ball to Anquan Boldin and Larry Fitzgerald. I could care less to who it is.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Crippler » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:31 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Even if Leinart starts his not worth all that much. Everyone seems to think hes the second coming of Big Ben. There are very few rookie QBs that play their first year and have success. His chance of sucess is even less if you consider how horrible his offensive line truly is.

And how many Rookie QBs have been as ready as Leinart? If anyone in the last few years can play pro ball as a QB right out of college its him. That was one of his major selling points in the draft, that he wouldnt have to make hardly any adjustments to his style to play in the pros (unlike Young, Cutler, etc)

Not to mention, how many rookie QBs have had weapons to throw to like Fitz and Boldin? And how many have a RB like Edge to back him up in the run game? None.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:39 pm

Crippler wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Even if Leinart starts his not worth all that much. Everyone seems to think hes the second coming of Big Ben. There are very few rookie QBs that play their first year and have success. His chance of sucess is even less if you consider how horrible his offensive line truly is.

And how many Rookie QBs have been as ready as Leinart? If anyone in the last few years can play pro ball as a QB right out of college its him. That was one of his major selling points in the draft, that he wouldnt have to make hardly any adjustments to his style to play in the pros (unlike Young, Cutler, etc)

Not to mention, how many rookie QBs have had weapons to throw to like Fitz and Boldin? And how many have a RB like Edge to back him up in the run game? None.

exactly to all of that. as a fitz owner i'd love to see leinhart get a chance.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saundman2000 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:42 pm

Mortensen should definitely check out his sources.

It doesn't seem like he was the point of origin for all the rumors though. .. I think that came from inside the Cardinals organization.

I personally think that the Cardinals would like to give Lienart his first NFL start sooner rather than later, but they have second thoughts about throwing him in when they happen to play the Falcons this week.

I don't blame them.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:28 pm

I always like to double check my sources - if I hear something from only one source I will attempt to confirm it by going to Google and checking 2 newspapers from that team's city or some other source before I take action - I would never take drastic action based on some TV announcers comments without some backup. Only takes a couple minutes and saves a lot of problems and heartache!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:32 pm

ESPN reporting is a joke. They can no longer be considered an accurate source IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:07 pm

Kensat30 wrote:ESPN reporting is a joke. They can no longer be considered an accurate source IMO.

If you listen to Jason Whitlock, ex-espner, he says that espn tries to mold the sportsnews to fit whatever agenda they have at the moment. An assertation I beleive when I look at the way they handle their programming decisions.

Abandon the NHL, for example, and then stop running highlights early in SC. They are shameless self-promoters who are losing their credibility. And I doubt they will ever get that back, back, back, back. Boohyah!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk